Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea I have for syndicates

(XBOX)MemeulesRift

Here's an idea I've had for a good while, which has been put into more notice since the crew system has been (re) announced and the Kuva Lich system.
We all know syndicates right? Because I remember mod sellers with an easy grudge. And specters that stare at you menacingly every now and then...
So this idea replaces that with something more interactive. What do I mean? Well what if I told you that Defection does something a little different with them. If you've played more then 2 seconds of Defection then you might actually need to fight a syndicate of some kind. And no not the lame specters I mean the actual syndicate members themselves. If you've done Chains of Harrow then you might remember the Red Veil was an enemy as well.
So, what if we double down on that and made syndicate invasions/ambushes? There's even ideas I have about syndicate versions of Kuva Liches.
We can even make syndicates into a form of raids if you think about it...
Truth is, there's a lot that can be done with syndicates to make them better. Not that they're bad per-say, just that they are perhaps the oldest system in Warframe that's yet to be really changed.
Speaking of, worth bringing up is what happened to the plan to have a syndicate node for each syndicate? We have Iron Wake (Steel Meridian) but what about everyone else? That seems to be on the back burner, but everyone forgot about Iron Wake too. Even I'm only remembering it now while typing this.
Overall, syndicates could use a remaster. These groups are meant to be across the whole system, but you only see them in relays offering mods for services.
Again, it's not bad, (even though I've made fun of it a few times already lol) it's just an idea I have...
But what do you guys think? Would syndicate assassins like Kuvas be cool? Or perhaps syndicate invasions? There's a lot of room for imagination here, and maybe even the great DE lords will bless us with a reply lol

Archived