Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't reload Railjack's ammo from dojo or just can't find the place to do it

-ViperStrike-

I tried to find the right place, even tried to look for a megathread, couldn't find any. Can't reload Railjack from my dojo's hangar console anymore, like we used to do before the update. I have to actually go to a mission and refill things from there assuming I already found the stuff. Can't refill not even inside the ship both on dojo and the orbiter nor using the forges, prior to missions.

Spoiler

Update 29.10.0 Update Note:

If this has ever happened to you before, worry not. As of this update, all Railjack ammo stockpiles are tracked separately per player, but ammo crafted in the Forge replenishes the stockpiles for all Tenno. From Revolite to Dome Charges, you’ll only have to keep track of your own ammo consumption, but dedicated Engineers can still make a huge impact on gameplay if you call out what you need. These consumables will also replenish slowly on their own over time, so Railjacks will always be fully stocked before leaving the Dry Dock and there’s no need to ‘Refine’ the Forge at the end of your mission.  

Seems that railjack consumables are changed to provide basic value before starting a mission, and they can slowly regenerate to their basic value in mission.

But tbh, starting with 2 dome charges is really not enough. Sometimes the corpus ship's reactor weakspots requires three shots, which means you have to forge it first if you don't equip artillery cheap shot or is in bad luck. And from what I observed, the regeneration rate is too long, taking several minutes to refill one. And lastly, if you ever forged a dome charge during mission, the UI will be bugged until you return to drydock. The UI in Forge and Forward Artillery Sit shows dome charge is refilled to maximum+1 amount every time you forge it, while it only forge one charge per use even thought my engineering intrinsic is higher than 7.

They do actually recharge over time, but if you run to the forge and build them it both refills them and adds additional capacity until you return to dry dock.

As for the refill time on dome charges, it is something like 20 minutes.  So if you are using artillery on every crew ship you see, then you are going to have to build them often.  If you actually weaken the crew ships and then board them and destroy them from the inside, you will save your charges for more important things.

This isn't to say that you should only board crew ships, sometimes it is extremely convenient to quickly blow up a crew ship.  But you can't really rely on the artillery as it really doesn't come with enough ammo to get you through unless you build dome charges regularly.

• 1 month later...

I find this to be the most inconvenient thing to happen in the game for me, i almost always play solo. 

Because the forge starts mostly empty, i have to go into a misson fly as far back as possible, than walk away and do something else with my life for half an hr before i even start playing. Just so the forge can fill itself. 

The only positve thing is if you are doing this in a void storm mission, when you do come back, the storm has killed all the enemys waiting at the begining. But as soon as you fly back in they all pop up again.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)MLT Milpz said:

i have to go into a misson fly as far back as possible, than walk away and do something else with my life for half an hr before i even start playing

Overblown hyperbole is hyperbolic. A few minutes at most. Kill a handful of fighters and blow up a few rocks and space junk.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-03-20 at 12:34 PM, ------.Queen-of-Blades said:

I tried to find the right place, even tried to look for a megathread, couldn't find any. Can't reload Railjack from my dojo's hangar console anymore, like we used to do before the update. I have to actually go to a mission and refill things from there assuming I already found the stuff. Can't refill not even inside the ship both on dojo and the orbiter nor using the forges, prior to missions.

Only realized it today. DE really and I mean REALLY does not want me to play Railjack.

I gave it a try on release, later after intrinsic tweaks and a few times during the storms update but barely payed attention.

This is the exact opposite of what should be implemented, I'm trying not to be insulting here so I stop at that.

Archived