Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Purpose for Command Intrinsic in 4 player squads.

Deminisis

Currently there is no purpose in Command if you intend to play in squads. If you host, then all crew disappear at 4 players. If you only join other groups, then your Command intrinsic is never used at all. Also... I think a lot  of people want to show off their liches and crew to some extent. You can't really do that in multiplayer, unfortunately.

I have 3 ideas for giving Command some relevance without tipping the balance too much.

Scaling fighter spawns:

I've noticed that fighter spawns have been severely reduced with the new mission types. You could increase spawn rates and aggression when all 7 crew (4 tenno, 3 hired crew) are active in the mission. Extra ramsleds, missile fire, and environmental hazards could come in to play while keeping your crew active. 

This might be an opportunity to give upcoming void storms some level of threat. Random corrupted spawns inside your ship would be a problem that hired crew could help fight off.

Crew become active when Tenno leave:

I don't see much coordination in public matches to begin with, and I hardly see players using the side guns. If players leave the ship, you're down a crew member. Allow AI crew to jump into action to fill roles. Even if its just one AI crew active, then at least there is someone to order around and get something done.

Temporary On-Call function for all players:

For 2 minutes, Tenno can call their personal On-Call crew member to the ship with a 5 minute cooldown. Anyone in the squad can get some use out of Command, even if you're not on your own ship. Two minutes would be enough to hold down the fort while players are outside or are in need of some emergency assistance.

1 hour ago, Deminisis said:

Crew become active when Tenno leave:

I don't see much coordination in public matches to begin with, and I hardly see players using the side guns. If players leave the ship, you're down a crew member. Allow AI crew to jump into action to fill roles. Even if its just one AI crew active, then at least there is someone to order around and get something done.

This should be how it works regardless

I thought AI crew was needed when 2-3 players are in a ground mission/poi and only 1-2 players where left on the RJ.

But now AI crew is solo only and all players have to leave railjack for ground missions.

What were the devs thinking? Is this an ultimate attempt to kill RJ? 🤪

1 hour ago, sorcer3r said:

I thought AI crew was needed when 2-3 players are in a ground mission/poi and only 1-2 players where left on the RJ.

But now AI crew is solo only and all players have to leave railjack for ground missions.

What were the devs thinking? Is this an ultimate attempt to kill RJ? 🤪

I suspect it's their ignorant assumption that 1 crew mate = 1 player. The AI is very basic and cannot outperform a somewhat competent player.

As for the segmented ground missions, I'm really not sure why they shut off the space part. It might be catering to solo players that can't leave their RJ unattended for long, but that's kind of what the crew are supposed to be for. 

18小时前 , Deminisis 说:

Scaling fighter spawns:

I've noticed that fighter spawns have been severely reduced with the new mission types. You could increase spawn rates and aggression when all 7 crew (4 tenno, 3 hired crew) are active in the mission. Extra ramsleds, missile fire, and environmental hazards could come in to play while keeping your crew active. 

This might be an opportunity to give upcoming void storms some level of threat. Random corrupted spawns inside your ship would be a problem that hired crew could help fight off.

I don't know if u tried AI with photor, fighters literally get deleted within range. Number is not a challenge at all. Also, AI aims better than we do, then gunner should always be AI. I think we can have more mini ground missions like those that is in skrimish with reduced need to have railjack hitting radiators. However, there already are players getting in and doing nothing, and the host can do nothing about it. More players sounds like a disaster to me.

Archived