Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Invasion Stay?

Ziggypow

So the invasion game has been a rather unique one to say the least. maybe it should stick around?

Not as it is now but perhaps as a more random occurence like an alert. Say after this current conflict the two factions stay at war with eachother, but with more of a both sides keep having skirmishes instead of the allout war we see now. Have systems get attacked by one another at certain intervals so that a node isn't permanently changed to one faction. Just so long as it leaves Bosses and Nightmare missions out of the fight me thinks.

Of course this is only my opinion on the matter, what do you guys think about Invasion?

Invasion couldn't actually work in it's current state of needing "X amount of missions to capture the location"

But if it was a random occurrence for Exterminate missions, sort of like being invaded by another faction, that would be great.

"The targeted vessel is currently being boarded by another vessel, Join up with the invading forces and eliminate all [X Faction] on the opposing ship"

Maybe multiply the number of kills required by 1.5x to make up for the fact that you get help.

Obviously if it's a Corpus exterminate, the Grineer would help. If it's Grineer, the Corpus would help.

This Probably wouldn't work with Infested Extermination missions, but if it were possible just flip the RNG coin to see what faction helps you.

Edited by Yg-Dosst

I think it should, but I would like to see more tilesets included as well. Example given, a Grineer ship that lands right in the middle of a Corpus outpost, or a Corpus ship unloading troops inside a Grineer asteroid base.

Also, I think we can leave the node control thing out. It's not a conquest mission like the Invasion event, it's more like an isolated skirmish.

Oh, and you could also join Invasion missions where one faction needs to get rid of a VERY large Infestation. Creating Infested mini-bosses would certainly help for this purpose, although we all know that one doesn't simply create enemy units as if he/she was making cookies.

Edited by Vintovka

They should definitely keep invasion in either as a variety mission type or an alert-like system that happens from time to time to certain nodes.

No reason they should waste all the work put into creating a new and unique tile/mission type and never reuse it again.

Why not include an attack on/by the infested, and you get to help the grineer/corpus fend off/assault the infested.

Now that would be fun. Might even expand on the lore a bit too.

Invasion couldn't actually work in it's current state of needing "X amount of missions to capture the location"

But if it was a random occurrence for Exterminate missions, sort of like being invaded by another faction, that would be great.

"The targeted vessel is currently being boarded by another vessel, Join up with the invading forces and eliminate all [X Faction] on the opposing ship"

Maybe multiply the number of kills required by 1.5x to make up for the fact that you get help.

Obviously if it's a Corpus exterminate, the Grineer would help. If it's Grineer, the Corpus would help.

This Probably wouldn't work with Infested Extermination missions, but if it were possible just flip the RNG coin to see what faction helps you.

Agreed on all points. Still, now infested invasion has me hopes up, if a Dev ever sees this that is

Yes, for sure. Having to team up with an enemy faction would have to be justified storyline-wise, though. Perhaps Lotus gives very brief background info of the situation and why you're helping the ______, similar to how she tells you about Hek's political wrongdoings and the like.

No. Please no. I hated that I had to choose for either one of them. But I can live with that. Its just a week. But forever? No! Hate Corpus! Hate Grineer! I dont want to cooperate with any of them.

Then you can just not play them when they occur. Boom.

Then you can just not play them when they occur. Boom.

I actually despise the idea of stilll having the needless back and forth conflict on Invasion missions outside of this event.

Using the tile sets,and occasionally getting help from one side as a random event in standard Extermination missions would be the best.

Even better, getting a minor additional reward in your inbox as a thanks would also be nice.

Doesn't have to be 5 mutagen masses, but 1-3 samples or the occasional Orokin Cell would be great.

It should in no way be a declared thing, nor should it have any repercussions on what the mission's normal faction is

Reason being that it might give people a reason to play normal missions again, instead of just Alert hunting and Void runs.

."End-game" should not be consisted entirely of things that are not on the standard solar chart, and random events like Invasion missions having a chance to replace Exterminates (akin to the faction changing mid mission) would only prove to spice up the game.

I think it needs some tweaks (battle pay being more equal, more connector tiles, the corpus ships not venting air when landed on an asteroid that clearly has atmosphere, battles ON planets, etc), and that there need to be more types of Invasion missions instead of just "Exterminate, with allies from one faction", but I do think it should stay.

Yes, but I think battle pay would need to be completely reworked, or even removed.

I played a lot of invasion missions early on in the event, but I felt kind of burnt out by Sunday. I found that the last few days I've been looking at new invasions, doing the bare minimum to get battle pay, and leaving the invasion alone until it flips. They're fun for awhile, but it wears you down when somone that only does 5 runs is getting the same reward you are after 50+.

One suggestion I would make if Invasions continue, make gated rewards. Add additional rewards after 10, 25 and 50 wins so the players that put in a lot of effort are rewarded properly.

Invasion can work in the regular game and has a LOT of potential. The idea of the players being able to change the starmap with their actions is cool and is like another type of PVP but there should be a "cooldown" between when a area changes (thirty minutes to a hour when a node cant switch sides) or else you'll have nodes that swap owners every 2 seconds.

Advanced Invasion stuff could be nodes that lead to other nodes/areas when one side controls it VS rare resources when another side controls it, nodes that only change for you, or nodes that only change sides for you based on your "reputation" of how much you help them (which changes quicker than the weather because in frameland everyone wants to kill everyone).

Edited by sewens