Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea - Relic Fusing: A Twist On Multi-Relic Cracking (From The Devstream)

Lokidus_Prime

In yesterday's devstream, there was a discussion about the possibility of being able to crack multiple relics at a time, though you would only be able to choose one reward from everything.  While this idea as is may sound appealing to people who have vast stockpiles of certain relics that would go unused otherwise, and/or others who would appreciate the amount of time it would save, for others it doesn't sound like a very good trade-off, since you are actively losing out on rewards this way.  After discussing this topic with a friend, I had the idea for Relic Fusing.

Relic Fusing would allow players to take multiple relics and fuse them into a specific relic of their choosing in order to boost the drop chances for silver/gold rewards beyond what we can presently achieve by refining with void traces.  This way, the relics consumed in the fusion process actually mean something by giving you a tangible uncommon/rare drop chance increase while also 'saving time' like the original idea. It also would make relics a much more suitable evergreen reward as even if the specific relic is undesired, it can be used to boost a relic that you do want something from.  As for how high a relic could be boosted, I think that's a matter of debate, but I personally wouldn't see anything wrong with letting them be boosted to 100% gold drops if we have to sacrifice, say, 10 relics to do so (that specific number is purely for example).

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-03-27 at 5:35 PM, Lokidus_Prime said:

but I personally wouldn't see anything wrong with letting them be boosted to 100% gold drops if we have to sacrifice, say, 10 relics to do so (that specific number is purely for example).

If we can take 10-20 relics to get 100% chance to drop specific thing then I would do it. Even they were radiant (in this case 10 relics).

As it's now refining relics is almost useless for me. You either get common drops or Uncommon... Forma... Blueprint.

Here is related topic:

On 2021-03-27 at 6:33 PM, Lutesque said:

Interesting... I wonder why no else is talking about this....

Do people not have Hundreds of Relics ? 🤨

When you play not many different missions you get similar relics. You don't even have to be play long.

11 hours ago, quxier said:

If we can take 10-20 relics to get 100% chance to drop specific thing then I would do it. Even they were radiant (in this case 10 relics).

As it's now refining relics is almost useless for me. You either get common drops or Uncommon... Forma... Blueprint.

I think I meant to include guaranteeing a specific drop if you sacrifice enough relics n just forgot to add that bit when I was typing it up lol, but yeah.  I'd gladly sacrifice 10~20 relics if it meant I could get a guaranteed drop for a specific thing I'm after.   Refined relics, even at radiant can be very hit and miss, and I have this one friend who just has absurd luck and has better luck getting silver n gold drops from intact relics than he does from radiant lol.  Would definitely be nice if something was done to help with that.

11 hours ago, quxier said:

When you play not many different missions you get similar relics. You don't even have to be play long.

I could be quite wrong, but my understanding of Lutesque's comment is basically wondering why people weren't talking about the multi-relic cracking that was mentioned on the dev-stream (153?) on March 26th, especially when there are probably a good number of players sitting on vast stockpiles of relics that have been collecting dust

Archived