Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remaster/Remake or Make Variations to Older Warframe Soundtrack

Rasdan

First time i played this game, I thought the soundtrack was mediocre.

Then I got into Void Maps. Non Battle (Ghosts of Void) music is haunting, Battle Music (Corrupted) makes it even better.

Then I finished The Second Dream. This Is What You Are definitely became the Warframe's most prominent and recognizable soundtrack.

Then I visit Kuva Fortress maps. Holy s*** the Battle Theme (Red Broth) in this tileset is SICK.

But wait, there's more! Railjack Missions has great soundtracks. "Call of the Tempestarii" teaser already give us a glimpse of this game's incredible soundtrack.

I have to admit, as the content progresses, the soundtracks get even better. DE has remade Corpus Ship Tileset, along with the soundtrack. Keith Power does not disappoint.

However some soundtracks have become... stale. While i did state Void maps has good soundtrack, the beat has less "oomph" than what Kuva Fortress can bring.

Soundtrack Variations also falls short, mostly on Grineer.

Grineers are probably the most prominent faction in the game. They inhabit 7 planets (not including Kuva Fortress), and all of those maps share the same themes (Gene Molds, Grakata, Grineer Onslaught).

Earth, Mars, Ceres, Uranus all have different tileset for Grineers, yet none of them have soundtrack variations.

Corpus are the second most prominent faction, they inhabit 6 Maps. They have soundtrack variations on Corpus Ship tileset.

Sadly Corpus Jupiter tileset doesn't have variations. It would be great if Corpus Jupiter sounds modern industrial-ish.

Variations doesn't have to be a new soundtrack altogehter. New OST is cool, but takes a lot of work. Just use the same leitmotif of the faction, but use different instruments that brings out the "feel" on the tileset.

Let's say Earth Grineer themes sounds natural (Gene Molds fits right in), Mars Grineer sound arid (desert feel), Ceres Grineer sounds like being in an industrial revolution era, while Uranus Grineer sounds feels -underwater-.

I know someday DE will remake older tilesets. Grineer tilesets is old as heck.

Okay, long post. Here's TL:DR

1. Please remaster older soundtracks with stronger instruments, stronger choir.
  2. Give variations on different (unique) tilesets. You don't have to make a new soundtrack from scratch. Make good use of the faction's leitmotifs. Leitmotifs are there for players to easily identify something (in this case, factions)

Oh on top of that, can you give special treatment of MR 30+ Players?

There was a Mission Complete variation mixed with This Is What You Are choir after finishing MR 30 Test. It's the new Mastery Rank Up theme.

Please, make that version permanent as Mission Complete theme for MR 30+ players. It'll make us feel special.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Now here's what should ACTUALLY be done.
DE needs to add an additional thing to the steam workshop, which allows you to make your own Custom Music packs and upload them on the workshop, and have custom music packs. I definitely agree. the Grineer (and the corpus, but less so) music has gotten old and boring, and there should be some way around this.

Archived