Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis: Overbuffed Much?

CaptainohCaptain

I know, I know, it sounds pretty strange, especially after all the bad time he had, but right now it's pretty damn OP. Yes, due to his range and non-ap damage type he isn't used much but it doesn't change the reality.

On low level (And by this, I mean everything below bloody 50th) he makes somewhat like this:

Facerolling much?

On higher levels, the only one who stand a chance are heavies, you can destroy all the light targets, including ospreys, cameras, latchers, rollers, everybody unlucky to rely either on their shields instead of armor. All you have to do is dive (ideal by dual zorens) and spray a stream at their direction. And then heavy won't do much to you.

On Gradivus Dilemma, I passed most of the missions with it, effectively collecting 93-98% of frags and damage without single attacking ability use, about 60-65% on Nova approach and 40-50% in worst scenario of messed spawns, bad hoster and having a Nova in the squad. If that is NOT sick, I don't know what to say.

I suggest using a tighter cone instead of this AoE doom right now.

P.S. There are 3 things I want to show you:

1)My loadout, being far from completion

image.png

2)That Ignis on Outer Terminus (Pluto): http://youtu.be/hWC0ya_7iQY

3)That Ignis on Palus (Pluto): 

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou

Shut your face. I waited far too long for my favorite weapon type to get the loving it so deserved. There is a reason fire is so damaging...its freaking fire! I acknowledge that is has become quite a powerful weapon, but instead of nerfing it back into oblivion, give it a higher mastery requirement. 

I do feel that the ignis feels pretty crazy against low-mid tier enemies, but its single target DPS is complete crap, and as you state, it's not all that great mid-late game due to crappy armor scaling. The only redeeming factor is its AoE, and so I hesitate to say that we should directly nerf it in a way that will also hit the (lacking) high end.

You got to be kidding, Ignis AoE is just perfect right now and the fact that high level enemies with armour can survive a whole mag of it makes it a very situational weapon, only useful for clearing clusted mobs of light armoured enemies but at the same time its pretty inefficient against a single heavy armoured unit

You got to be kidding, Ignis AoE is just perfect right now and the fact that high level enemies with armour can survive a whole mag of it makes it a very situational weapon, only useful for clearing clusted mobs of light armoured enemies but at the same time its pretty inefficient against a single heavy armoured unit

I do feel that the ignis feels pretty crazy against low-mid tier enemies, but its single target DPS is complete crap, and as you state, it's not all that great mid-late game due to crappy armor scaling. The only redeeming factor is its AoE, and so I hesitate to say that we should directly nerf it in a way that will also hit the (lacking) high end.

The problem, is, heavies alone both don't live much and don't pack much of a kick. And, if you are happened to play NOT solo, it's a crazy "Let me open that freekills for you" gun. Especially sick against non-grineer since you can simply use your sentinel to do the heavies while you are running circles converting everyone in the ammo drops.

It may be not so bad, but not for MR4. Right now I'll prefer Ignis to Flux anytime, anywhere, while this one requires MR6.

im pretty sure a flamethrower is meant to kill and maim enemies in a widespread cone in front of it

Besides, the ignis is not good for (as you stated) enemies above level 50.

If you want to nerf a weapon solely because it is good against low level enemies, then by that line of logic, the Braton, Burston, Latron, Gorgon, Grakata, Lato, etc should also get a nerf too because they can also wreck low level mobs. Of course, reasonably speaking, a majority of players would disagree with that decision.

Changed post a bit, uploaded 2 additional videos, added loadout. Enjoy your "perfect", "working as intended" and "nothing is broken".

Nothing IS broken. I use this gun all the time. It is strong, yes. But it's clan tech. It is supposed to be strong. It also falls short of guns such as Soma and other weapons. So it is strong, not "over-buffed". Plus you have added 2 formas and a catalyst. Any gun gets pretty good with that on it.

Range is a bit too long, cone is way too wide (it's more a square than a cone tbh).

Not realistic, when the main argument of those in favor of buffing it was that it was not working like a "real" flamethrower.

It needs to be tweaked down a notch, it's a little too strong for a rank 4 weapon.

Make it 20 meters range, with a max width of 2 meters at the end of the cone. Should be enough.

Note to the "it's only good at mid level" guys: Mid level (below lvl50) is 75 % of the game.

The problem, is, heavies alone both don't live much and don't pack much of a kick. And, if you are happened to play NOT solo, it's a crazy "Let me open that freekills for you" gun. Especially sick against non-grineer since you can simply use your sentinel to do the heavies while you are running circles converting everyone in the ammo drops.

It may be not so bad, but not for MR4. Right now I'll prefer Ignis to Flux anytime, anywhere, while this one requires MR6.

I would have agreed with your points except for the fact that this gun is a research weapon, you need MR4 to even make, and the fact that it doesn't have innate AP damage. Just from the fact that it's a research weapon, I think it is expected for it to be better than weapons of the same MR from the market. The second point can be arguable though, since MR4 might be a tad low for the power it provides. However, I think that by the time people reach MR4, they won't have the mods you have and neither will they have it at those levels. There's also the fact that your Ignis is potatoed making it effectively twice as strong unless your standard of comparison will always have a potato. My third point is just cut and dry. The Ignis simply does not have the power to cut down enemies later on and by that time, you will have added better weapons to your arsenal such as a crit build Soma or a Acrid. 

Two Formas also help as well.

Edited by Kiwilicious

I like how your videos only consist of killing the enemies with the lowest health and armor values in the game that aren't Light Infested. Good luck playing like that against Grineer of the same level.

It's not the Ignis that's broken, it's the horribly unbalanced enemy scaling system. Some monsters are stupidly weak (i.e. everything that you showed in all three videos), and some monsters are stupidly strong. There's only an illusion of Ignis being remotely overpowered because it can hit more than one thing at once.

Wait until Damage 2.0 before complaining to us about how this weapon is so good at killing frail little robots with the Armor level of an Infested Runner.

Edited by SortaRandom

Ignis is perfectly fine.  The aoe damage is balanced by its range and its ammo consumption rate. 

Your way of evaluating a weapon's strength is deeply flawed since you're using level 50 as baseline.   I can destroy level 50 and below on my Ember and Ash without needing to use my weapon most of the time and those two are considered weak warframes.  lol

The only balance that DE should worry about is level 100+. 

I like how your videos only consist of killing the enemies with the lowest health and armor values in the game that aren't Light Infested. Good luck playing like that against Grineer of the same level.

It's not the Ignis that's broken, it's the horribly unbalanced enemy scaling system. Some monsters are stupidly weak (i.e. everything that you showed in all three videos), and some monsters are stupidly strong. There's only an illusion of Ignis being remotely overpowered because it can hit more than one thing at once.

Wait until Damage 2.0 before complaining to us about how this weapon is so good at killing frail little robots with the Armor level of an Infested Runner.

^ this, nailed.