Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis Flame Effect Is Too Opaque

Ravenlight

I love everything else about the Ignis except this one little detail! It would be cool if the flame effect on the Ignis was made more transparent. As it stands now, anyone using an Ignis can (unintentionally) annoyingly obscure targets for the rest of the team.

I like the effect the Embolist uses as it can actually be changed to any color, unlike the Ignis where many darker colors just turn bright white.

I notice this especially during event missions with the Grineer, the napalm effect is very much similar to the Ignis effect. It obscures the targets ahead, making it more difficult to tell if there's a hapless Corpuscle needing some Soma love.

Dark colours make Ignis flames bright white? This is news to me.

Last I tried, setting it to the dark gray Energy colour gave it a very transparent, smoke-like appearance (and this is with Bloom on). Was this changed?

Ignis is unrealistic in many ways. If other games want to learn how to make a lame, smoke-spray flamethrower they can copy the one from Warframe. 

This is a space future flamethrower, we have no idea how this thing works. Specially since 80% of its parts come from a machine gun.

Anyway, given that the thing is so powerful i consider that a disadvantage. The same "problem" happens with the Torid when you start laying down fire.