Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Join or Host option for Railjack was deleted?

-NTB-Cris0407

On 2021-04-16 at 8:55 PM, Miser_able said:

probably because everyone always chose host so you ended up with nothing but 1 man squads, which defeats the whole purpose.

Well sorry if I don’t wanna play in Jimmy1997’s no mod, no hull railjack? If thats the purpose then it would drive its already minuscule playerbase out of rj.

4 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Currently the workaround for this is going into free flight and then launch your Railjack from there. 

Doesn't consistently work. Sometimes you'll get added to another group's RJ when you click on the node you want from freeflight. It's typical bugframe.

On 2021-04-16 at 2:55 PM, Miser_able said:

probably because everyone always chose host so you ended up with nothing but 1 man squads, which defeats the whole purpose.

Also, let's be clear: I played played RJ from day 1, always launching from my drydock using my RJ. There was never a shortage of people joining up. Now admittedly, I don't think I ever did anything other than veiljack after clearing the way there so maybe this was an issue on Earth nodes or whatever, but in my experience "everyone is hosting, nobody's playing together in pubs" thing is a made up issue that damn near never occurred. 

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Yeah it's purely down to luck. Last game I had, we blew up the Asteroid Hangar, Dome Charge'd one Crewship, and only then did the Corrupted start spawning on the remaining Crewships. But since it was a full pub game, one Tenno each on Crewships 2 and 3 got our ten reactant quickly and the mission was over nice and speedy

I think I know why that is the case (presumably) , 

The void fissures only occur around one player at a time (on a small cooldown) so if you were unlucky enough where the fissure hit just as you complete your objective ( and didn't bother to wait and kill the corrupted before exiting) or most of the players were on the railjack you may never have reactants.

However on solo , you are the only player (duh) so the fissures only occur around you , I have farmed both epitaph and 2x sevagoth (much eye bleed) and never once have I not gotten all the reactants (wasn't even trying). 

It's just poor design parameters and matching mechanics (which should hopefully get fixed) , it would be better if fighters get corrputed too. 

As to the main topic , I had made a feedback thread detailing the exact issue ever since the 29.10 update.

If DE is trying to have more players interacting on railjack then they have shot themselves in the toe by having NPC crew AND taking away player choice to be client or host.

I am tired of RNG being so prevalent in the game already , I don't want it dictating whether or not I start a game with the gear I want. (I know it's not RNG and is an actual matchmaking algorithm ,that is far too outdated and might as well be RNG ) So I will just play solo , too bad for all those new players with stars on their eyes. Better to have Aimbots and perma engineers with infinite omnigel.

I always said that public was a crapshoot and you should not have any expectations. Now it's less of a crapshoot and more crap that you may or may not be able to shoot with your gear.

Archived