Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat idea

damongautama

I had an idea that I think would be pretty simple to implement that would greatly improve squad creation.

In the recruiting channel, if someone posts the following:

H [Meso S2 Relic] rad

The game with look up the relic in your inventory (with the brackets it has already identified it) and add a bit of ghost text on that line that tells you how many of each of those you have. So it would add something like:

int:3 rad:5 in gray text after.

Though this is a tiny thing, I think it would make it far easier to form groups to crack relics. I have most of the relics rad now, but when I see someone looking for a squadmate, I know I have to go check to make sure I have that one. I usually don't bother, and I imagine most others don't, either. 

I know I just ran into this with Venka Prime. For some reason I had never gotten it, and was missing the two rare parts. Just the thought of wasting my time waiting for four others kept me from giving it much effort (I ended up getting lucky, seeing a group, and getting gold 2/2). Imagine new players. They are often trying to crack relics long after the initial rush is over, when it is much harder to find four at once that want to run it. This would greatly ease that pain.

What do you think?

14 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I think ppl can already link the relic in chat so that all you have to do is click on it and it will show you if you own it and how many you have of it.

Thanks, this is good to know. I still think it would be good to have the breakout of Intact, Exceptional, etc.

5 hours ago, damongautama said:

Thanks, this is good to know. I still think it would be good to have the breakout of Intact, Exceptional, etc.

I guess it couldn't hurt, more just pointing out that it already exists in some form. So in chat if you type "[MesoN1" for example it'll come up with blue highlighted options to pick which relic from and you can link that in your msg for example "H [MesoN1} Radshare 2/4" and people can click on it, check if they have it etc and join. You can also do that for any item in your inventory for example you can type "[Nanospores]" and then click on the link and it'll show you how many you have.

My sense is that these things come down to percentages. If 5% of the players click the link to check (probably a high estimate in my opinion), that would mean that out of 1000, 50 would know if they had the right relic. Even those 50 would not know if they had the right refinement. If it automatically popped up, all 1000 would know, making everyone's squad easier to fill.

On 2021-05-01 at 5:52 AM, damongautama said:

I had an idea that I think would be pretty simple to implement that would greatly improve squad creation.

In the recruiting channel, if someone posts the following:

H [Meso S2 Relic] rad

The game with look up the relic in your inventory (with the brackets it has already identified it) and add a bit of ghost text on that line that tells you how many of each of those you have. So it would add something like:

int:3 rad:5 in gray text after.

Though this is a tiny thing, I think it would make it far easier to form groups to crack relics. I have most of the relics rad now, but when I see someone looking for a squadmate, I know I have to go check to make sure I have that one. I usually don't bother, and I imagine most others don't, either. 

I know I just ran into this with Venka Prime. For some reason I had never gotten it, and was missing the two rare parts. Just the thought of wasting my time waiting for four others kept me from giving it much effort (I ended up getting lucky, seeing a group, and getting gold 2/2). Imagine new players. They are often trying to crack relics long after the initial rush is over, when it is much harder to find four at once that want to run it. This would greatly ease that pain.

What do you think?

At the least having some level of better Autocomplete would be nice,  or a "Best Guess" system,  vs just saying  "Thing was not a linkable item."

Losing a paragraph of typing cuz game doesn't at random know what you linked despite speeling the same as wanting it to be............  gets fun.

Having ghost text for what relics to use if linked a Prime Part are going after though could be nice.

Archived