Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino adjustments concepts: juggernaut momentum.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

so the basic idea for this Rhino changes concepts is to achieve the "unstoppable force"/juggernaut type playstyle for Rhino

once Rhino gets moving, nothing stands in his way, and he gets generally stronger the faster he moves.

rest assured, i'm only going to touch on his passive and Rhino charge.

New passive: gain 5% ability strength for every 10 meters travelled in less than 6 seconds, this passive decays overtime the second the buff stops scaling, and you'd need to move again in order to keep adding on the ability strength

Rhino charge: First thing first> Collision damage

When Rhino charges towards an opponent and hurls them away, that enemy suffers extra damage equals to 25% of their current health as impact (blast if you use iron skin) if they hit an obstacle

further amplified with Rhino charge combo multiplier, Roar and Rhino stomp.

second> Continuous charge> Hold Rhino charge to go in a continuous juggernaut momentum clobbering anyone in your path, Continuous charge scales it's damage and speed in a fixed frequency, maximum is 400% extra rhino charge damage and 50% extra speed (like the combo multiplier but this time, it's continuous and not spammy)

What do you think about this? 

*puts on arcane helmet* I'm in. 

I'm not sure if ability strength is the right stat thematically and practically for Rhino to get though.

I think there's more potential there.

It's called Juggernaut Momentum. Why not increase his movement speed based on how far he traveled without stopping (capped)? At cap he gets like more armor, or bullet reflection or something? You know, the whole unstoppable force, momentum, ram, rhino thing. Once he gets moving he's hard to stop etc.. I'm just spitballing here. I just find ability strength pretty lame personally.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

so the basic idea for this Rhino changes concepts is to achieve the "unstoppable force"/juggernaut type playstyle for Rhino

once Rhino gets moving, nothing stands in his way, and he gets generally stronger the faster he moves.

New passive: gain 5% ability strength for every 10 meters travelled in less than 6 seconds, this passive decays overtime the second the buff stops scaling, and you'd need to move again in order to keep adding on the ability strength

If Thats the type of gameplay you are trying to achieve I suppose ability strength is not the right choice. Maybe stacking immunity to knockdowns? After sprinting for 3 seconds rhino gains knockdown resistance for 10 seconds?

My main concern about Rhino is just how basic he is. Even some beginner content is not as basic as his kit.

47 minutes ago, FallenDisco said:

If Thats the type of gameplay you are trying to achieve I suppose ability strength is not the right choice. Maybe stacking immunity to knockdowns? After sprinting for 3 seconds rhino gains knockdown resistance for 10 seconds?

My main concern about Rhino is just how basic he is. Even some beginner content is not as basic as his kit.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I'm not sure if ability strength is the right stat thematically and practically for Rhino to get though.

strength is my choice because it affects all of his abilities.

the higher rhino's strength, the better damage he deals, and the more fortified he is against any damage.

it's like Ember's recent passive and Atlas' passive combined (the strength stacking and the decay per second) 

can you explain further why strength might not be a good choice? 

and yeah Rhino is pretty basic, immobile, boring but effective stuff.

i'm not trying to fix what it isn't broken, nor am i trying to turn Rhino into gauss, i'm just trying to realize a playstyle that may or may not fit Rhino's theme.

I think stength is a lame choice, as I stated, not a bad one. I'd prefer something more unique yet practical. I already spitballed a few random thoughts on that - scrap the armor one though, that seems lame too in hindsight.

You even agree yourself that he's basic and immobile. His passive could be a way to make him more spicey by introducing a relevant unique effect or mechanic. I'm not saying my random brainfarts from earlier are the way to go, but "here take some stats" as passive surely wont make him less basic or more interesting either. That's just taking a useless passive and replacing it with a free conditional Intensify+.

Again, I like the general momentum idea, as in something happening when Rhino "stampedes" around. Personal opinion.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

and replacing it with a free conditional Intensify+

that's a great point, and i do agree with you on that one.

3 things i considered when thinking about this passive: it should provide him with extra damage, defense, and synergize with his new continuous rhino charge...ability strength stacking seemed to provide all three, so it was a perfect choice for me...but maybe it's something that's too intense from being a very lame passive to a mandatory one.

maybe reverse the passive effect. similar to what you suggested

Rhino gets increased movement speed based on his armor rating. 

aka his current armor affects movement speed values.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

can you explain further why strength might not be a good choice? 

His 2 main purpose is shielding. His 4 main purpose is cc. The only ability that would truly benefit of ability strength is his 3 which honestly feels not right. using sprint to get additional 20% damage increase? meh. You already onehit most stuff with his normal roar. You are trying here to enhance his overly basic kit instead of adding something to it. Honestly would rather see him have a battery that increases his all damage and speed the longer he sprints and releases a shockwave in front of him if he stops sprinting. And making his dash work exactly like his iron charge does right now and adding another ability. Maybe something like Bonewidow's siphon grab. Would be funny to carry some enemies on your horn though the mission :D

Archived