Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scourge FPS issue

Yulfan

Update :

Le 13/05/2021 à 06:09, Yulfan a dit :

After further investigation, the FPS drop is not caused by Sevagoth but by the Scourge, and more precisely when the Carnicus skin is equip on it. When using the weapon and the skin with another frame, the FPS drop also occurs. Removing Heavy Caliber alleviate the FPS drop, but it still happen after a while.

Previous statement. Everything that is described there remains valid, except that it is the Scourge with the Carnicus skin and not Sevagoth which causes it :

Révélation

@[DE]Rebecca@[DE]Megan I briefly reported this issue in the "Update 30: Bug Reporting Megathread", but wasn't able to do further test before it was closed. Since, i have done more testing with screenshots (F6 for metadata).

I have observed my framerate progressively dropping while playing Sevagoth during long run missions. I have done several survival missions (around 35 min) with different frames and it happen only with Sevagoth. Even while playing Sevagoth, the framerate returns to normal when i'm using my Operator, then drop again when returning to Sevagoth.

Here is some screenshots showing the drop progression :

Révélation

r2Q5hRf.jpg

^ Beginning of an Arbitration Survival Mission. 60 FPS at the start.

Révélation

y3R3Pk8.jpg

^ 30 min, FPS has drop between 45-50 FPS.

Révélation

5tp5Viq.jpg

^ Operator Mode bring it back at 60 FPS.

Révélation

Xc0RNCI.jpg

^ 35 min, the game struggles to go higher than 40 FPS. I have also disabled Gloom several times to check if it was responsible for it, but no changes.

Révélation

XKD7dCd.jpg

^ Operator Mode still bring it back at 60 FPS.

Révélation

E3q9tld.jpg

^ 40 min, FPS can't go higher than 35-40 FPS.

Révélation

joSUX5W.jpg

^ Another survival mission (just a regular, not Arbitration), this time with another Sevagoth. 60 FPS at the start.

Révélation

TEhc3Qz.jpg

^ 20 min, FPS already dropping around 50-55 FPS. Maybe because we both play Sevagoth.

Révélation

wsbs9Rn.jpg

^ As always, 60 FPS with Operator Mode.

Révélation

iUsuU9I.jpg

^ Around 30 min, can't go higher than 50 FPS (the other player, the host btw, is leaving).

Révélation

SP6TWIp.jpg

^ Again, 60 FPS with Operator Mode.

Révélation

aNPHLr6.jpg

^ After the other player left, host migration. Once done, the FPS is back at 60 FPS (as if the issue has been resetted).

Révélation

YPvuxoD.jpg

^ Meanwhile, regular survival mission with another frame (No Sevagoth in the party).

Révélation

mT9vfWy.jpg

^ No issue with the FPS (even with intense visuals like Protea's Grenade, Nidus' Ravenous, etc…).

Révélation

v7xQq1p.jpg

^ Solid 60 FPS during the whole length of the mission.

These 3 missions have been done during the same game session, in this order, without leaving the game between them, which means FPS issues with Sevagoth have no impact on subsequent missions with another frames.

After further investigation, the FPS drop is not caused by Sevagoth but by the Scourge, and more precisely when the Carnicus skin is equip on it. When using the weapon and the skin with another frame, the FPS drop also occurs. Removing Heavy Caliber alleviate the FPS drop, but it still happen after a while.

Archived