Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Bug Mission Restart after completion.

Vanguard456

It happened to a lot of people and is still not fixed. The player goes back to when Ordis plays the calming music in the ship and wants to purge the false operator.

Is that a feature? In any case, please remove this it's the longest quest in the history of gaming (joke of course) , it had to happen with this quest.

This following reddit post is from 2 years ago...

jim carrey attorney GIF

Edited by Matthias999
Added more details
  • Like 1

To make a long story short: I had that issue myself a while ago when I was MR7 or 8, and I don't have a working solution.

Description matches Matthias999 's as far as I recall.

[Since I am not eloquent I tried to put the important things above or in bold.]

___

If I recall correctly, this happened to me after I was struggling for hours with much efforts in that quest and finally finishing it (and no, it's not like a short tutorial I could repeat, hence BTW I can't get a tutorial for when wanting to brush up my operator's skills).

I think it (the same as what Matthias999 described) happened after I pressed "Continue" in the quest finishing screen.

I had no time and absolutely no ability to do then the quest again and had to go away/off and had no way to exit, seeing no other way I think I crashed my comp to close warframe - and no, it's NOT a recommendation to do so - in order to solve the issue.

[The further details may not be accurate but it's the best I could remember and describe, and reflects the situation in general:] On the next relog it was not solved yet and I think I joined a normal Kuva Fortress (extermination) mission and only then quest was almost immediately registered as complete and I've got the reward by mail (quest is listed as completed in codex - unsure of the timing this was registered complete in the codex itself though).

COULD possibly be it caused some issues with my account but I am unsure. (People said they can't see my alignment in profile though it could be a result of me not completing yet the Nidus quest, steam doesn't log me as having completed the war within quest's achievement, and I was later on and off unable to put extractor on Kuva Fortress even though I've unlocked all nodes in that area by then already (this was done after finishing this quest). I think the extractor issue was finally solved later with or without connection to a support ticket I've sent.)

Edited by NelomirPrime
Rephrased and edited to clarify the notes bellow in case info is used for debugging.
  • Like 1

I know there's a lot of issues and the progs/QA are probably loaded with work, but please digital extreme make this a priority. I did the quest again in about 45 minutes and it worked as intended, so this IS a bug. Why should it be a priority? Well :

1- It's frustrating.
2- There's nothing to learn from doing the war within twice in a row.
3- It's not a funny glitch/bug (for example, Vor teleporting in the ground and can't move), it's a F you bug :P .
4- It's time wasting.
5- I can confirm you this is the kind of bug that can make you lose players, hence potential monetary gain.  

I mean I love the game and bought a lot of platinums because I want to contribute to Warframe for it to become a better game, but this is not a ''tweak'' , in my opinion it's a big issue. So please space mom if you see this do something! 

vay GIF

Edited by Matthias999

It seems this bug has been ongoing for over 2 years now and it still hasn't been fixed. At least put in an option to abandon the quest. I nearly threw my computer out the window, but I would settle with slapping a dev at the moment. Good Lord! Somebody should be fired over this. I can't believe people still have their jobs for leaving a major bug like this for TWO YEARS!

Edited by Leafdance

@Leafdancesometimes there are other bugs they have to fix, so some of them can be forgotten (not that this is okay). Our job is to point to the devs the bugs they left. That said, I don't think firing someone over a forgotten bug can be productive, since we need people to fix those bugs. My philosophy is: own the fact that you made a mistake and correct it. I just hope someone from DE actually reads this post and comment that they saw this bug is still in the game. Maybe not a 5/5 bug but a lot of players experienced it. Plz prog do your fancy prog magic and fix this :D 

Edited by Matthias999

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...