Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open worlds underutilized potential?

CrimsonSpawn

On 2021-05-21 at 1:29 PM, (PSN)grayhyh said:

open worlds doesnt fit warframe core gameplay really

18 hours ago, Erwes said:

The gameplay loop of warframe is not designed for open world. You can't even change your arsenal, it's exactly as an usual mission but with an open area... It doens't feel different or fresh to me.

I think that's mostly because the devs are familiar with that kind of gameplay, they probably in development thought that they should focus to their strengths, Look, lore, design, grind etc. they at the time may not have wanted to take the risk of introducing an entirely new type or way of doing missions that may have left players abandoning, so play it safe. But, this has left the Open worlds underutilized and their being 3 of them, why not experiment a bit? Especially, if its successful then might be able to sustain players during content droughts and who knows may even become the reason why some players even play the game.

On 2021-05-14 at 4:25 AM, CrimsonSpawn said:

"Ok, I know there was an attempt by sentients and these giant things are their left over bones....... but is that it? Do they serve no other purpose than to just BE THERE? I mean, why don't we have a bounty where the grineer are trying to like harvest them or something? Like why are there random spots where we're supposed to control the location? Like why not have a particular spots like mining, fishing or tents, where you need to control the location and if your successful then the vendor in Cetus that gets their supply from there will sell you stuff for lesser standing and if you lose or neglect a particular spot's protection over time then the grineer will take over and that vendor will charge greater standing since their supply has dried up?

This is the thing though, the world resets every time you exit so I doubt it can happen since there are things needed to reconsider. Let's say we make the world stays that way, that means all things must work the same. For your example, another thing came in mind is the tridolon where you can just leave and their kill/capture resets. If things were kept on leave, that means no more 6x3, just do the tridolon once for the night and that's all

On 2021-05-14 at 4:25 AM, CrimsonSpawn said:

With the Orb valis I thought, you have multiple corpus bases throughout the map, why not, once a player overtakes and controls a base; that is their base now? They could go to the ticker to equip gunners, miners, fisherman, heck even rentkids to populate that base. The people of Fortuna that in habit these spots could throw up their posters, graffiti Nef anyo's statues, also, they could maybe even hunt pets, fish, mine and guard the bases from Podmens. Give a portion of what they get to the tenno (Apart from standing). After a particular time, lets say 48 hours or so. Corpus shall launch a full on invasion to re-capture that base and kill all the people of fortuna their. Unless the player supports them? Players could share the number of bases captured within their clan and the more number of bases you have captured the more share of stuff you get.

Again, there's a limit on how things can go within an instanced world like warframe has and with that clan passive income? I can see lots of toxic clan where you will get milked and berated to death if you ever leave the game for more than 48 hours, abandoning your "responsibility". That's just one path I see in the infinite possibilities, but having a world where nobody gets toxic on you for leaving the game for longer than a particular time? I'd say that's a needle in a haystack

On 2021-05-14 at 5:15 AM, Vaml77 said:

The game needs much more unique loot based seasons in openworlds only. But i dont think DE will do something deep like this.

The problem that I see from this is the "exclusivity" that can cause a meltdown like that one sniper mod that better not named, or "more unique" which is easier said than done considering DE is going pretty creative on weapons recently and not just a recolored (reskinned) weapon and renamed as new weapons which is quite something since most games only have unique on legendary/exotic grade weapon while the rest is basically reskin and rename of each other with no special effect or uniqueness

On 2021-05-14 at 2:49 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

See Destiny2 Open World Areas for an example of how all this works.

You mean that public event? That is complained by the community for being worthless and only happen on certain spots and the rest of the world is abandoned? Pretty sure we have incursion back then that removed for bounty console in the open world? You want that to be back?

On 2021-05-15 at 6:17 PM, CrimsonSpawn said:

And if you fail, then maybe some Mother or Father, will demand greater standing for items.

Are you sure you won't complain about it later when things getting more expensive while the gain remains unchanged?

Then, I started to explore around for a bit, on foot, and started seeing so many different things and started to think, "Man, this world is rich and filled with different stuff (related to the lore of the game)..... but, I have no idea what any of it absolutely means, and none of it has been explained." Basically, it looks like a really nice world so where is the world building?

Thats a ting that developers need to do, exploring their own game to see what is lacking,but knowing how they usually do stuff, Steve would probably think like this -"Hmm, this place needs more shadow" :D

Archived