Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alt fire swap and loadout lock

I think we could use two additional features in the UI

1. The ability to swap regular and alt fire, like we have for tap and hold abilities

2. The ability to lock loadouts so they can't be edited. I always end up messing them up when I switch to something custom

EDIT: I don't mean toggling fire modes during a mission, but swapping alt fire with regular fire for a given weapon in the orbiter. For example, you want to make a Euphona Prime alt fire build, but want to use it as regular fire

3 hours ago, Derpetrator said:

1. The ability to swap regular and alt fire, like we have for tap and hold abilities

I find this extra useful for weapons that share functions on a single button, example the Staticor which has both the Fire and charge buttons on the main fire button, consequently limiting how fast you can fire with the weapon due to the Charge function activating if you press the button too fast. I would love being able to have the Charge be an Alt Fire.

6 hours ago, Derpetrator said:

For certain setups on controller, having to hold down on R3 while aiming with it is absolute torture, I'd be fine with it solely operating as a toggle, it already does for certain weapons anyways.

On 2021-05-29 at 11:38 PM, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

For certain setups on controller, having to hold down on R3 while aiming with it is absolute torture, I'd be fine with it solely operating as a toggle, it already does for certain weapons anyways.

I don't mean toggling fire modes during a mission, but swapping alt fire with regular fire for a given weapon in the orbiter. For example, you want to make a Euphona Prime alt fire build, but want to use it as regular fire

12 minutes ago, Derpetrator said:

I don't mean toggling fire modes during a mission, but swapping alt fire with regular fire for a given weapon in the orbiter. For example, you want to make a Euphona Prime alt fire build, but want to use it as regular fire

That seems like a wasted opportunity, but okay, let's work with both ideas.

Take the modding potential of the Plexus system & throw it onto any weapon with an alt-fire, to satisfy both camp.

In essence, you end up with both a primary & alt-fire loadout to work with.

Archived