Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrid Dot's

Keetsune

Why DOT effect can't hit different body part? In example if i shoot in head of the mob: initiate attack will receive 2x damage bonus but DOT damage don't receive that bonus.  No matter in which part of the body i shoot, DOT damage always hit the stomach.

Somebody needs more dmg from Acrid... its dps is soo damn low that we really need it !! :)

No i'm not using acrid because of this stupid mechanic of DOT, i don't like that 40% of my total damage is not affected by weakspot shoots. Despair is better because of that.

Edited by Keetsune

A possible explaination : the stomach try to filter the poison, that why it's the only part taking some damage. :3

In some case that could be cool, when you shoot a moa, the weakpoint is the middle...

Finally, who's care? The acrid deal enough damage without dot's damage localisation...

Finally, who's care? The acrid deal enough damage without dot's damage localisation...

Not enough to overcome Despair.

And by the way i like to load my weapons with elemetal mods in order to shoot unarmored spots of Ancients instead of increasing AP DPS. And it's ridiculous that when i shoot in limbs of Ancients DOT damage does almost no damage (except AP).

Edited by Keetsune

Think you're a bit crazy there.  Acrid outclasses every weapon in the game.  Not just the secondaries.  Everything.

Despair Headshoot: 2x55=110

Acrid Headshoot: 2x25 + 18 = 68 (i'm not counting last 3 ticks because all mobs below 100 lvl dying faster than 1 sec)

Edited by Keetsune

All non-targeting damage occur on the torso. This also applies to AOE frame abilities. Only Acrid's projectile can be targeted to damage a particular body part; the DOT is considered non-targeting and will damage the torso by default. The only enemies that have a weakness on the torso are Moas, which take 3x damage to torso hits.

Edited by Xuande

Yea, lets make the highest effective DPS weapon in the game do even MORE damage by making it tic for headshots. *rolls eyes*

Despair Headshoot: 2x55=110

Acrid Headshoot: 2x25 + 18 = 68 (i'm not counting last 3 ticks because all mobs below 100 lvl dying faster than 1 sec)

"Im not gonna count what is almost half the acrid's damage for some asinine reason"

(i'm not counting last 3 ticks because all mobs below 100 lvl dying faster than 1 sec)

those extra 3 ticks IS WHY ACRID IS BETTER.

if you want a weapon that doesn't backload damage, don't use Acrid. Acrid wins in total damage output, not impact damage. 

ignoring the exact reason why a weapon is better than your favorite weapon just to get an argument is ridiculous.

sure, if Acrid didn't have any DoT, then you could have the damage be modifed by weakpo..... wait.... oh, right. the Impact damage already is. 

taiiat, on 05 Nov 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

those extra 3 ticks IS WHY ACRID IS BETTER.

Those 3 ticks is never happen, except for bosses or 150+ heavy mobs.

Just in example let's take Heavy Gunner 100 lvl:

HP: 19830

Shields: 2807

Total damage(AP not including freeze) to kill: 22637

Despair single shoot damage: 1468 (2936 headshoot)

Despair shoots to kill: 8*2936=23488.

Since despair have 7.7 atacks speed that mean it need 1.1s to kill Havy Guner.

Acrid single shoot base damage: 553(1106 headshoot)

Acrid single shoot DOT damage(1 tick): 414

Let's see what damage will do Acrid in those 1.1s that Despair can kill 100 lvl Heavy Guner:

Let's take in count that you can mange to shoot with atack speed of 15.5 pers second with Acrid. In 1.1s of shooting with acrid only first shoot will have a chance to do 2nd DOT tick, all other shoots will do only 1st tick only. Here the final damage:

15*1106 + 15*414 + 414 = 23214

In order to kill Heavy Gunner with Acrid in same time as Despair do, you need to:

1) Use macros in order to shoot with max attack speed. But even with macros 15 shoots per second can't be reached, it's about 10 shoots per second on my tests.

2) Waste full clip of amo.

Buy the way max speed that i can click is the only 7 clicks per second, this is only half of acrid attack speed ... You can test yourself too :D -> http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/554667 That mean if i'm not using macros i can do only 11607 damage with acrid in 1.1s and i need ~2s to kill 100 lvl heavy gunner.

Edited by Keetsune

that's a lot of fancy (by fancy i mean not fancy) simple math you got there. 

you know what it proves? ah, yes. Acrid is a backloaded damage weapon. and it blows anything else in the game out of the water. if you don't think Acrid does enough damage, don't give me any of what you're smoking, because i might start leaking brain fluid.

and if you don't like how Acrid operates, use another weapon. there's a lot of them to choose from. if you can't stop using Despair because you can't part with a weapon unless you get one that's infinitely more powerful, then don't. but don't complain other weapons aren't good enough for you to upgrade, when they already are an upgrade.