Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaws, but Void Powered (Potential Spoilers?)

Gamer_Auto

I'm pretty sure everyone knows about the Operators by now, but the site requires a tag, so there you go. Possible spoilers if you haven't gotten past The Second Dream.

So, I was thinking about my Operator Amps, and how I should stock up on Cetus Wisps now before I start on my next MR fodder Amp (40 Wisps for a 333?! That's just not fair!) when I had an idea. And I'm pretty sure this won't even be considered to be implemented into the game, thus why it's here instead of in General.

So, the Arbiters of Hexis. They've been around a while. And they're interested in seeing the Tenno culture evolve beyond "a loose collection of mercs", which I think is awesome (even if they're a little too close to the old Orokin ways, for my tastes). So what if, when they inevitably get a mission dedicated to them, they introduce not a Warframe, but something new for the Operator. A weapon that mixes the Melee of the Zaws with the Void-Boosting of the Amps, made in conjunction with Teshin, The Quills, and the Entrati. Like a Lightsaber, but Void instead of plasma, and it has more shapes than a straight blade.

This introduction quest could also be a main story quest, or main story adjacent like Rising Tide. Maybe it also introduces the idea of "Operator Only" missions into the game.

So you get a "Mote Voidsaber" similar in look to the Skana; and after the Quest, modular parts become available to you afterwards. Maybe as part of Loid's offerings, maybe split between Onkko and Little Duck again, maybe from a new vendor.

But there has to be a tradeoff. The whole point of the Warframes is to be the parkour warrior part of the Tenno. So the trade-off is that you can only have one weapon equipped, and it can be either an Amp or a Voidsaber. Never both at the same time. And maybe these Voidsabers have a similar effect to the Exalted Blade's projectile, but on a much smaller scale, and are really only useful against certain smaller Sentient forces. Like, you can one-shot Vomvalysts and Mimics, and stand your ground against a Battalyst, but anything larger than that is pushing it.

I personally think this would be an interesting development in the story. Something to further sync the Operator and the Warframe, in terms of lore. That lore would obviously have no effect on gameplay. It would just be another stepping stone in the progress of the player's character.

Whatcha think?

You are far from being the first to propose an Operator Void based AMP weapon. It has been asked countless times and tho the Devs have demonstrated some interest, they never worked on anything related.

1 hour ago, Gamer_Auto said:

So the trade-off is that you can only have one weapon equipped, and it can be either an Amp or a Voidsaber.

Voidsabers would probably be considered a type of AMP part as it would have to feed on the Operator's Void beam to generate the blade and attacks.

1 hour ago, Gamer_Auto said:

And maybe these Voidsabers have a similar effect to the Exalted Blade's projectile, but on a much smaller scale

Doubtfully this would ever be made, maybe have the Blade combo with Void Dash and extend the range of some other attacks like the Void Blast.

14 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

You are far from being the first to propose an Operator Void based AMP weapon. It has been asked countless times and tho the Devs have demonstrated some interest, they never worked on anything related.

Voidsabers would probably be considered a type of AMP part as it would have to feed on the Operator's Void beam to generate the blade and attacks.

Doubtfully this would ever be made, maybe have the Blade combo with Void Dash and extend the range of some other attacks like the Void Blast.

Yeah, I could see it being similar to how Primary and Secondary Kitguns are dealt with; that being the only difference is the shooty part. Like, instead of a shooty prism, you get a vwoosh vwoosh prism, and the rest of the parts are the same.

But hey, that's why this is here in the Fan Zone. I hold no delusions that this will in any way be even considered for the game. It doesn't have a point when the Warframes are far more equipped for any type of combat. I just had what I thought was a neat idea of the most bare bones of the basics and wanted to share.

Archived