Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please change the chat restricted words, this is absurd

simon_goldshark

Question

for the love of god DE

i under stand that words like gay and homosexual/ homo are banned because you are trying to prevent people using them as insults but it means WE LITTARLY CANT SAY THE WORDS DURING PRIDE MONTH

like i littarly just got a chat ban because i said them and am now suspended for an unknown amount of time

i get that DE isnt fully in control of chat moderation and that they handed it off to another company but guys please just talk to em about it

4 answers to this question

13 hours ago, simon_goldshark said:

-snip-

IDK how it is in rest of the world but in my country to most stores you cant enter with a dog and i understand that
But for some reason it feels extremely stupid if you realize in some of that stores you can buy dog food or even stuff for dogs

We sacrifice some of our privileges to avoid trouble that can be caused by it

I dont need to walk into a store with a dog even on my hands
In a same way i and many other players dont need to use in chat prohibited words and you do?

And yeah i give you that it should not be straight up ban which in most cases last 7 days so here is your answer
But it could be message sent to you that u were banned from chat for 1 hour without sending your whole message to chat at all
This would work way better in my opinion than banning straight up for 1 week

Maybe even a warning that your message wasnt sent to chat because it contained prohibited word next attempt to do so will result in X hours chat ban

But in the end it all comes down to simple fact its prohibited yet ppl somehow complain that it is
Will yours or any1 else experience will be worse if you simply dont write stuff like that in chat?

12 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

-snip-

right i under stand that it can be avoided but consider this from  the prospective of someone who doesn't know the list of prohibited words (granted i did know that you couldent say those two words i just sent the message without thinking, which is my fault of course).

imagine not being able to use the socially expectable word for your sexuality because some twelve year olds keep using it like is an insult

even having it as a "forbidden word" continues to make it seem like a bad thing what im getting at here is that again its restricted (and chat suspend able) because of a very small and unlikely thing rather then putting any thought into it as for the idea of the bot simply stoping you from sending prohibited messages and warning you.....

I LOVE IT why isnt this a thing like this alone makes the whole chat bot thing way less opressive

12 hours ago, simon_goldshark said:

-snip-

Seems you dont understand

You see IF lets say you had a friend (lets call him Bob) and i was a friend of Bob but you never meet me
You have a wife and a little child

Bob is telling you stories about me how i am aggressive how im easy to get triggered how i start fights how im on few youtube videos named road rage where im main event and on top of that im always have long combat knife at my belt

And you tell Bob you are organizing barbecue at your garden this saturday there will be your wife with your child your mom and your dad and you ask him would he come?
And he reply with yeah sure but he asks could he take me along?

And now i dont care what would be your answer i dont care what would you do all i care only what would you think about?
Would you think hey he is friend of my friend it will be great time
OR
My god my wife my kid and he walks with a knife while being so aggressive

And that is the idea of the punishment here
Instead of "omg omg if something will happen?" you just eliminate that by preventing it from happening
That is proper approach because only when you have something to lose you dont want trouble (case with no dogs allowed in shop) you had trouble once or you want protect something you just prefer to prevent anything bad from happening

On other hand the case of 1 week chat band and my idea
Im still standing strong behind my idea

But from owner of something perspective id say warframe chat ban system is way better educator than my idea
Next time you care to type something that CAN be prohibited and get you in trouble you will think twice and maybe wont do it

AND in the end if you come to warframe to chat with others instead of play u should stop playing at all
Im 35 yo and i call my friends names and maybe you or someone else see something wrong in that i really dont care but neither im obligated to educate you why its not and you are not obligated why it is

And pro tip - disable region chat i disabled it 1st week or so of my gameplay never felt any need of turning it back on ;)

Archived