Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos bounties & resources (pos feedback)

Maka.Bones

First of all, I love that Deimos recipes are using resources from the star chart, and from other open world locations. F-ing lovely. Thank you, because it makes it feel like less of an island (this is especially cemented when we finally build our necramech). 

I really like the new variety of bounties in Deimos. 

Well it's nothing HUGE, it's just 3 phases of a vault run. Essentially "find this thing" and then "protect this thing" and then "kill these things" and then "defend this thing while killing this other thing"... But it's more fluid and immersive how they all tie together while inside the vault bounty. It actually feels like more of a story segment, or like we're actually there helping. 

some of the other bounties also had something new... I think it was a friendly competition against grinder? That was very unexpected but cool to see. The idea might be able to get improved upon/expanded on though, but it's nice to see you guys trying new things. 

Thank you for trying to come up with new ways to keep the game fresh & fun. I really hope you guys don't stop trying and brainstorming. I understand us players can be a pain and a handful at times. 

Same for me.

Those tiny stories are pretty cool.

About helping Corpus scientist and Grineer while on Deimos, I think it's a good idea which connect with Invasion and expand that part of the whole story : we are few so, sometime, we must "collaborer"(1) with our ennemies to be able to fight them later or the Infested. Same thing with Events, I love when you ask(ed) us to make choice between our ennemies, or work with them to avoid the worst :D

(1) From French WWII story

On 2021-06-08 at 7:10 AM, (PSN)FromOtherSpace said:

Same for me.

Those tiny stories are pretty cool.

About helping Corpus scientist and Grineer while on Deimos, I think it's a good idea which connect with Invasion and expand that part of the whole story : we are few so, sometime, we must "collaborer"(1) with our ennemies to be able to fight them later or the Infested. Same thing with Events, I love when you ask(ed) us to make choice between our ennemies, or work with them to avoid the worst :D

(1) From French WWII story

+1 on this. 

Especially for open world missions, this makes them feel more immersive and interesting. 

Edit: 

Those short "single-objective" missions make sense for Star-Chart or certain events, because it's less friction for gameplay and players can go in and out easier. Though for open world, I think there needs to be more variety/options than just those fast-goal missions. They're still helpful there, but I think something like the vault runs and the 5* bounties were really fitting for an open-world experience.  (Just like the eidolon hunts made PoE feel more relevant and immersive, and the grineer Miniboss + ghouls, makes the enemy threat feel more unique/different than normal)

It might be cool if DE used some real-life historical events/references, or references to things they find interesting/fun/funny, as a base concept for some missions, or mission segments. Like they did with dog days (i know it's a little old, but it's a fun seasonal spin, based on summer super soaker matches. It's great), or with the Deimos competition vs grineer, or us rescuing some defectors (which was new a while back). Things like that might also feel appropriate for some of the faction war missions. 

But yeah, I love how they're starting to tie more worlds together, and segment some mission goals to feel more fluid, while also trying a little bit of new things. 

Archived