Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does infecting other people with Nidus works?

SargionMagara

Question

Hello, so lately another friend of mine got into Warframe and she's really excited about getting a Helminth Charger, so i just went for a quick mission with her with my Nidus, but after googling around, there's a lot of different answers from different sources so i am confused on how it really works. Does it only takes a game with Nidus or do i have to walk by her frame to infect it? And if my Nidus is already immune, would it still be able to infect other players?

5 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, SargionMagara said:

Oh. I thought Nidus could infect anyone regardless of having any Cyst with him or not. Guess not.

Also, if it's not too much to ask can you clarify the "1 mission anywhere or physical contact in missions" part?

If a Nidus is infected(this means the cyst is fully grown only) then walking next to one will infect your frame in both a mission or the dojo. Think of it like catching covid and couging in their face. Your friend's best bet is for you or them to take a frame into a bunch of public missions where a Nidus is present(preferably low MR) and hope that it's an infected one(noticeable by checking for the cyst).

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

This is your problem.

Oh. I thought Nidus could infect anyone regardless of having any Cyst with him or not. Guess not.

Also, if it's not too much to ask can you clarify the "1 mission anywhere or physical contact in missions" part?

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

If a Nidus is infected(this means the cyst is fully grown only) then walking next to one will infect your frame in both a mission or the dojo. Think of it like catching covid and couging in their face. Your friend's best bet is for you or them to take a frame into a bunch of public missions where a Nidus is present(preferably low MR) and hope that it's an infected one(noticeable by checking for the cyst).

So physical contact is needed, got it. Thanks a lot for the answers.

Archived