Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balanced Gameplay Option (Sentient Open World)

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

The basics of this idea is to simply make playing as an operator feel a little bit more fun by giving them some actual guns, melee weapons, and a few flashy but not op abilities, and to make them feel like they are fairly matched against enemies in the new open world. Nerfs and buffs will be made where needed to both operators and the enemies they face, to ensure that the experience is challenging and ensure that encounters with enemies plays out the way DE expects for them to (which likely or hopefully would be something along the lines of having players really try to take advantage of enemy weak points, use cover where appropriate, strategize their plans for attack, and ultimately want to stay on the move).

To add reason to play the operator over the warframe in these sentient worlds, only half or a fourth of the world can be explored with warframes while the rest of the world can be explored by operators. Choosing to play as a warframe wouldn't stop you from being able to get any rewards obtainable by the operator in the world, you'd still be able to acquire  them by killing off the weaker versions of the sentients and exploring the accessible half of the open world. The only advantage operators would have would be the amounts of the resources and rewards that you can get, and the increased drops of certain rare items.

What do you think about such an idea? The ultimate goal here, is to create a sort of option for those players looking for a challenging experience without interfering much with the current design of the game. It also gives operators more of an identity in the game as well.

FAQ

Spoiler

Why would anyone want this?

This is one for the players who have been asking for the game to be more challenging but don't like it when it means that enemies have to become status or ability immune. This place would be the ultimate experience for those seeking challenging content in the game, ranging from just a little bit of challenge to a massive amount.

Why do this to operators instead of warframes?

While i love challenge, being overpowered in warframe really feels nice sometimes. Turning a small army of enemies into ice sculptures, having enemies tickle you, blowing up a bunch of enemies and watching them all fly through the air honestly feels great and i dont really want to see it go away. In fact, i want to see more insane abilities be added to the game and see how they perform against different types of enemies, and i dont think im alone in that. You cant really make a game difficult without removing the enormous amounts of power these warframes possess

So its for that reason that i think the idea of balance or difficulty should be less geared towards warframes and maybe to operators. Dont get me wrong, i think you should still be able to have many challenges when play as a warframe such as puzzles and what not, its just when players are looking for something to make them sweat, this is what operators will be for.

But cant players experience what you're asking for already?

No. Nothing in warframe is designed to be a fair fight against operators and vice versa. There's no incentive to play as an operator, and no new combat depth to be experienced when playing as them either.

This idea would bring all of the to them.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

The basics of this idea is to simply make playing as an operator feel a little bit more fun by giving them some actual guns, melee weapons, and a few flashy but not op abilities, and to make them feel like they are fairly matched against enemies in the new open world.

I fully agree with you for the skills. Maybe you could put different unlockable ones directly from each focus tree, maybe they are inherent to the tree in question, and then we can freely choose which ones to use. For weapons I think that more than putting real weapons, it would be enough to add some "interesting" variant for each type of amp fire, and put the possibility to mod them (maybe mods obtainable from the new open word), so as to be able to increase the basic statistics , or maybe alter some stats and add unique effects (with mods that have synergies with the amp parts themselves).

Archived