Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get a normal survival game type?

One of my biggest frustrations with warframe is that there isn't any game modes that simply kill the enemies and survive. its not fun to lose because some timer hit zero or because some objective got destroyed especially when gear wise you know you can keep going for much longer. I desperately want a game mode that is similar to Killing Floor or CoD Zombies, where X amount of enemies spawn per round and your job is to simply kill them all, did you kill them all? great! next round rinse and repeat until you lose or extract. to keep things interesting maybe every few waves you get a sortie or disruptions type modifier that last until the next modifier things like enhanced shields/armor, radiation anomalies appear, enhanced enemy damage, maybe special stuff like eximus only waves, all enemies have nullifier bubbles, even take it further and waves can be different factions like infested one wave then next is grineer and hell on the higher waves add in the sentients. There's so much potential with an idea like this and I strongly feel like it could easily be the most interesting and played game mode I know there's frames that could cheese this like saryn, octavia, khora, and others but those frames already cheese the rest of the content in the game so what's one more game mode. just please DE, can we get a normal survival game type

32 minutes ago, (XBOX)DARK WIZRD DUDE said:

I desperately want a game mode that is similar to Killing Floor or CoD Zombies, where X amount of enemies spawn per round and your job is to simply kill them all, did you kill them all?

The Difference between Warframe's survival missions and games like Killing Floor and CoD-Z is that in those games you are a Survivor stuck with the enemies and even the simplest of them can easily kill you, in Warframe its the other way around, enemies are the survivors stuck in the mission with you because you are far more powerful than, so simply making a survival mission with no risk of failure would make the game too easy.

That would be cool... Problem is that Warframe is too easy and simple for it to work.

I seem to remember that 2 hours into old school Survival could get that feeling, enemies would get strong enough to push back against you. Care needed to be taken because you could get cornered or cut off... Though that was waaaay back, like pre-melee 2.0, back when quick-melee could take a couple seconds of juggling weapons back and forth to work along with the "quick-melee" animations. That far back, using that example as a point of reference.

Now everything is redesigned and so easy that you'd have to gimp yourself away from anything useful in order to have any semblance of challenge. It's to the point where you can spend days straight in a mission clicking a button (people have done it) and just kill everything. If you mess up (clicking a button) there's all kinds of safety nets in place to save you.

That kind of game mode just wouldn't work :( .

Archived