Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunfire Reborn, New mod inspirations?

chaotea

Theres a fun Rouge-like fps game on steam ATM called Gunfire Reborn. It uses 'scrolls' to modify gameplay in interesting ways.

Some of these could make interesting mod concepts. (using stats and descriptions as is in gunfire, would need balancing for warframe mods)

For example:

- Health becomes 1, Sheild is doubled.

- Sheild is converted to health.

- Ammo is drawn from the reserves rather than the mag, -15% damage.

- Dash to reload (Dash = dodge).

- Take 100% more damage, no single instance of damage can reduce more than 14% of total health & sheild.

- +75% damage, - 75% Health.

- Critical Damage deals 50% damage dealt directly to Health.

Theres more examples, but this kind of thing could be interesting as real build changing mods. They could be used to make very interesting builds, rather than just the usual stat boosts.

19 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if you're looking to draw some inspiration from various roguelites, Roboquest and Hyperspace Dogfights have some interesting ideas as well.

If i had played any of those, i might, but in this case its not about the fact that the games a roguelike, just that the modification items in the game would match the mods system in warframe quite well. I just mentioned it was a roguelike for context.

A bit off-topic, but this reminds me of Lavos frame's skillset and the quite innovative game Magicka, where you as a mage combine different elements to create interesting things. Lavos' elements aren't really that interesting to me though, not like Magicka's, because Lavos' elements are just damage types and to my knowledge don't modify the skills in other ways than that. If you on the other hand had a frame which had both tanking and damage skills and maybe a minor heal too, and could mix them together to make damage-tanking skill or damage-healing skill etc, when used together like you use Lavos' skills, that might be more interesting.

I'm just saying all this, because as you can see from what I just said above, implementing great ideas of other games to this game doesn't always create great stuff in this game. Proper implementation so that it has impact (not the damage type, but feels impactful to the player) is crucial. Just a reminder to any DE's dev who might be reading this. Great ideas often require great refinement and then great execution to create something actually great instead of a mediocre or somewhat nice new thing.

1 hour ago, Zi-of-Jinx said:

implementing great ideas of other games to this game doesn't always create great stuff

My point being not 'this stuff worked great in another game, lets do it here' but instead mentioning it becuase this sort of thing would already be a good fit for warframe.

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

My point being not 'this stuff worked great in another game, lets do it here' but instead mentioning it becuase this sort of thing would already be a good fit for warframe.

That post of mine was directed more to the devs than to you, but also to you so that you'd remember that it's the devs who ultimately make decisions like this, how to implement stuff like this if they did at all in the first place. I like your idea, that why I commented, and I commented what I did because I see devs of this game taking the direction of balancing things out. I support that direction, even though with that direction comes the danger of diluting new stuff. A lot of things can be good fit to warframe if implemented right, considering everything. It's an intricate game and some things might have their place, while some not. And removing stuff is always harsh for the devs, even nerfing is because of players' reactions. But despite all that, I see potential in your idea. Take is as a compliment, please.

Archived