Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus lich should drop Corrupted holokeys

Shimmershell

As the Title says, I think we should let the Corpus Lich's drop Corrupted Holokey There's nothing more annoying than trying to get through a void storm, sitting through all the extra missions, all the little gimicky bits, and get 300 endo some titanium and an oberon chasis. Multiple times in a row.

It would work the same as Kuva lich's Kill one, they drop a small chunk of kuva.
Kill a Corpus lich, have them drop 1-5 Holokeys depending on the lich level.

People would be more inclined to experiment with different holokey weapons then, and not just horde all there keys until the optimal stat element pops on the gear.

Wouldn't be as bad if I could fire the forward artillery myself. From the pilot seat. Why not Have that be a new intrinsics unlock for captain. Give gunners a new tier that adds regular guns to the forward artillery to match so you don't just sit in the seat and wait for the pilot to line up the shot. Especially the AI pilots. I have to kick them to gun duty while I'm doing that.

I don't think keys should drop from sisters, or at the very least if they do it should be 1-2 and a small chance, say 25-30%. But definitely the drop rate from veil void storms should be 100% for 2 keys rather than 6 keys on a 30~% drop chance. this is just absurd.

9 hours ago, DannyGre said:

As the Title says, I think we should let the Corpus Lich's drop Corrupted Holokey There's nothing more annoying than trying to get through a void storm, sitting through all the extra missions, all the little gimicky bits, and get 300 endo some titanium and an oberon chasis. Multiple times in a row.

It would work the same as Kuva lich's Kill one, they drop a small chunk of kuva.
Kill a Corpus lich, have them drop 1-5 Holokeys depending on the lich level.

People would be more inclined to experiment with different holokey weapons then, and not just horde all there keys until the optimal stat element pops on the gear.

That makes perfect sense really and it would be actual content that makes people want to farm sisters more than just their current weapons.

What also is ridiculous is that these weapons don’t drop from Parvos Sisters, like shouldn’t that be default. Also wouldn’t it make more sense if Perrin Sequence sold all Tenet weapons, rotating every week or day with only 4 being available at a time. That would make it so we farm more sisters and then when we’ve did a good amount we get to save credit for a weapon that we’ve been wanting in an element we would want. So like after farming 10 sisters I could get enough to buy a weapon off of Perrin Sequence.

Then building off of that, Steel Meridian should sell Kuva Weapons too in the same fashion.

1 hour ago, Zoero said:

I don't think keys should drop from sisters, or at the very least if they do it should be 1-2 and a small chance, say 25-30%. But definitely the drop rate from veil void storms should be 100% for 2 keys rather than 6 keys on a 30~% drop chance. this is just absurd.

There are multiple problems with this suggestion.

1) You’re basically suggesting we take the current problem with the same drop rates and put it onto another feature which solves nothing. The point is to make it so we don’t rely too heavily on RNG to get weapons that we are going to need multiple of for max stats.

2) Adding Keys to sisters at any rate less than 100% would dilute their loot pool. Because not only do they have a chance of dropping ultimatums at 30%, holokeys at 30% means you have a chance at receiving nothing or an item you didn’t want. Yes I know ultimatums are useful but they don’t get us tenet weapons from Perrin Sequence.

3) 2 keys per mission on void storm is 20 missions of having to sit through a seizure inducing nightmare.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)JAKERS365 said:

There are multiple problems with this suggestion.

1) You’re basically suggesting we take the current problem with the same drop rates and put it onto another feature which solves nothing. The point is to make it so we don’t rely too heavily on RNG to get weapons that we are going to need multiple of for max stats.

2) Adding Keys to sisters at any rate less than 100% would dilute their loot pool. Because not only do they have a chance of dropping ultimatums at 30%, holokeys at 30% means you have a chance at receiving nothing or an item you didn’t want. Yes I know ultimatums are useful but they don’t get us tenet weapons from Perrin Sequence.

3) 2 keys per mission on void storm is 20 missions of having to sit through a seizure inducing nightmare.

you're implying the holo key drop from the sister would replace the weapon which is not what I meant. Dropping from sisters would just be an additional passive income of keys just like they do for kuva on the grineer counterpart.

2 minutes ago, Zoero said:

you're implying the holo key drop from the sister would replace the weapon which is not what I meant. Dropping from sisters would just be an additional passive income of keys just like they do for kuva on the grineer counterpart.

The problem with that is. We need 40.
And kuva lich's drop with each down. Not alot, but enough to help with lower riven re-rolls.
Unless you want to start adding holokeys into requiem mods. In exchange for kuva.

I agree. Maybe the biggest problem with getting holokeys is that they are found in Railjack, perhaps the buggiest part of warframe. The possibility of you getting kicked out before claiming your rewards from the mission is a real threat, especially since bugs which have existed since the BEGINNING of Railjack continue to persist. 

37.5% is a pretty big drop chance, but the problem is that the RNG is locked behind a buggy gamemode which seems determined to rob you of your time.

It wouldn't seem so repetitive if it weren't for the constant lag, delay, and host migration. 

But its OK guys, they made a Trello board. 

2 hours ago, Cyborg3104 said:

37.5% is a pretty big drop chance, but the problem is that the RNG is locked behind a buggy gamemode which seems determined to rob you of your time.

It seems like a pretty big drop chance. But for the effort you have to put into it, it's not really worth it.
Also the chance is either wrong, or bugged. Because i've ran dozens of void storms at this point. I have 28 keys.
Meaning, I'm not going to touch these new fancy weapons they've been advertising.

8 hours ago, Zoero said:

I am NOT implying the Holokeys replace a weapon drop, how you even got that thought is inconceivable considering I explicitly talk about the ultimatums and do not at all mention weapon drop. Also weapons are not even part of their loot pool, weapons are a guaranteed reward mechanic not a loot drop from a pool. 

Liches and Sisters already have a percentage chance to drop ultimatums and Oull mods, adding keys at less than a 100% drop would put them in those same pools as getting those ultimatums or mods.

What OP is suggesting is that we add Keys at as a guaranteed drop like how Kuva Liches are guaranteed to drop Kuva. You are also suggesting this now too so yes you’re on the right track but again they need to drop from a sister at a fixed rate instead of RNG because you did suggest initially that they drop at 30-25%.

2 hours ago, Cyborg3104 said:

It seems like a big drop chance but considering people have reported getting more Sevagoth parts than keys suggest that it’s not really at that rate because Sevagoth parts are 10% and people are getting those more frequently. Also 37.5% really isn’t that big considering the other thing in the same loot pool is void traces at a 62.5% drop rate.

On 2021-07-09 at 4:44 PM, (XBOX)JAKERS365 said:

It seems like a big drop chance but considering people have reported getting more Sevagoth parts than keys suggest that it’s not really at that rate because Sevagoth parts are 10% and people are getting those more frequently. Also 37.5% really isn’t that big considering the other thing in the same loot pool is void traces at a 62.5% drop rate.

I would agree, however sevagoth parts total is 30%, and then the rest of rewards (mostly relics) make up the rest of the rewards. But it does feel less than 37.5%, ill be the first to say I've gotten more sevagoth parts than anything else :/

7 hours ago, Cyborg3104 said:

I would agree, however sevagoth parts total is 30%, and then the rest of rewards (mostly relics) make up the rest of the rewards. But it does feel less than 37.5%, ill be the first to say I've gotten more sevagoth parts than anything else :/

Oof I feel ya man, but to add to this thread let me provide some more examples of this mechanic. I just ran 10 void storm missions all in the veil. At a 37.5% chance that means that every 3 missions 1 of my missions should reward me Holokeys. So the expected amount is at least 3 out of my 10 Missions should have given me Holokeys. Do you know how many Holokeys I got in actuality? Zero.

You can spam void storms faster than killing liches.

-----------------------

I think Holo-keys should drop from normal void storm enemies.  Then endless missions will have more appeal beyond one weapon.   They could also make special enemies show up during void storms to fight like treasurers or acolytes or demolysts,  random spawning.  

I really do not understand why Holo-keys and melee tenet weapons are seperate from the other sister/tenet weapons ??

6 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

It took me 2 hours to kill a lich, I got a guaranteed weapon. A guaranteed pet.
A bunch of pet parts to customise later. And I got lucky and got one of those glowy effect things you can stick on stuff. Ephemera or whatever.

I spent 4 hours in void storms, and got 6 keys.

I still need another 12. Before I have a chance of maybe possibly seeing a weapon that might maybe possibly have the element I want that might maybe possibly have a high enough percentage to make the grind worth it.

Once again I say, Make them drop way more frequently. Or from regular enemies, etc etc etc.
It lets people WANT to buy the new weapons instead of never touching them unless they are perfect.
I Personally don't mind that the corpus lich gave me another 25% weapon. Because I can kill one in one sitting. Lots of different mission types, only time im forced into one, is the ship for the last mission. I can then merge that gun, and BAM im all set.
I do mind that I have to run the same (optimal) void storm with questionably competent players. I'd say 1/4 of the time it's either a horrible ship, or the guy doesnt know how to do this. (Which is fine we're all learning at one point, but when this is your 30th run you're just tired of it)
To get hollo keys, 6 of them. When you need 40. Then you just sit down and wait, weeks or months. For the weapon you want with element you want and percentage. Because unless you're specifically using it for mastery fodder there's easier weapons to get.
Nobody is going to touch the low percentage weapons because they are just to much of a time investment.

On 2021-07-12 at 4:43 AM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

-----------------------

I think Holo-keys should drop from normal void storm enemies.  Then endless missions will have more appeal beyond one weapon.   They could also make special enemies show up during void storms to fight like treasurers or acolytes or demolysts,  random spawning.  

I really do not understand why Holo-keys and melee tenet weapons are seperate from the other sister/tenet weapons ??

I would think the only reason for removing tenet melee from the corpus lich system is to simply add better rewards to railjack in order to compel people to play it more. It is the only reason I can come up with.

You are able to spam void storms faster than liches, obviously because they're one mission. But the only problem is that liches give immediate reward of a tenet weapon, an ephemera, a pet, ect. Void storms do give substantial rewards as well, the only thing are that the experience is extremely buggy and a sensory overload. And with this new update, almost EVERYONE is trying to get holokeys, which are locked behind the buggy experience which is railjack. 

i belive they should make hollo keys 100% drop rate, even ifthey lower the amount you get or double the cost to buy weapon from 40 to 80. still better than going in a mission for an hour geting no keys.  over all ive been luky geting keys but relying on rng is a headach when im only doing the rj For the hollo keys, ty de hope you read this!

Archived