Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLZ check to see what is wrong with relic missions

(PSN)TDH_WUKONG

i thought it was me messing up and not getting the enough void traces but no i saved the video and looked back to see multiple times i have had 10 void traces to open the relic but i when we extract i can't choose a reward like as if i didn't open mine up and i am not the only one i have seen some people have 10 before we leave and there's like one or two reward pools missing so please fix

I'd be interested to see the video if you can either post it here or link to it. I've only seen this happen when either you didn't equip a relic at the start, or very occasionally if there is a glitch during a host migration during the round.

Not equipping a relic can happen if the host cancels the mission before the countdown timer finishes, then forces a restart before anyone has a chance to pick.

FWIW, if you open the menu during the mission you can see what relic (if any) everyone has equipped under their name at the top of the screen.

Thanks for posting this. I've watched through it and unfortunately it is as I stated...

On 2021-07-22 at 10:56 AM, (PSN)crashteddy03 said:

Not equipping a relic can happen if the host cancels the mission before the countdown timer finishes, then forces a restart before anyone has a chance to pick.

Although in this case it looks more like a glitch than an intentional cancel and it was another player that forced the start, not you as host.  Play by play...

At 8:12, you start the mission by selecting the relic. The mission countdown starts then you get a "Please wait..." and the timer stops. This looks to me like a glitch, rather than you hitting triangle to cancel the mission. At this point, the mission has effectively been cancelled and the relic unequipped. At 9:00 player driven2b starts the mission and at 9:05 forces the start. This is what prevents you from selecting a relic. If you had had the opportunity to push square to agree with the mission selection, you would have been taken back to the relic select screen. Because the mission start was forced, you don't get the choice and the mission starts without a relic equipped.

You'll notice just after this that the other player leaves the squad and two more join through public matchmaking as the mission loads. Because they join through public matchmaking, they will have had the chance to equip relics - a chance you weren't given.

I totally understand your frustration and I hope that my explanation will help you to avoid a similar situation in the future.

As a side note to this, some people do join relic missions intentionally without selecting a relic. You still get the void traces from the mission, even if you don't get a relic drop.

Archived