The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are multiple accounts allowed?

Orrion_the_Kitsune

Question

I have one account that I'm now deleting for a reason I'll get into, and this account which I am using to experience the updated newbie missions and quests. I sold people some prime mods on my previous account (the one queued for deletion) and then used it to gift my new account the only frame I'll ever play, Valk. As far as I know, neither of these are abusing the mechanics for my own personal gain, and the other account's going to be deleted soon anyway. Am I wrong? Are you not allowed to have more than one account, or are bans reserved mostly for people who use multiple accounts to farm 50% off coupons?

If people wonder why I'm deleting the other account, I never got to experience the story quests or progression as intended. My friends gave me most of... like... everything I'd ever need and then quit a while later, so I was left with a fully-finished star-chart and quest-line that I blitzed through because I was wanted for endgame farming. Not particularly satisfying, honestly. My time spent slowly progressing from planet to planet has been some of the best I've spent in Warframe, and it does genuinely make me love the game again.

3 answers to this question

Oof, tricky situation, but I'd advise against it. 

The general word of wisdom and stance is that the accounts can't interact in anyway, and anything beyond asking questions around that and what that means, is best left in contacting support directly, to get the all clear/terms of progressing forward, and possible receipts if future issues arise. 

The reason I would personally be hesitant is "its only" has different meanings to different people. My accounts are interacting, but "its only 1000 plat. My old account had way more, its less than a PA" and so on. Your actual example doesn't sound like an issue, but its still interaction. I do sympathise with your position though. If you felt friends rushed you and so on. My best advice would be to contact support, explain your situation and make inquiries. 

Good luck! 

No, you are not doing anything wrong.

I once asked DE directly because of the same doubt and they told me to just be careful with the automated trade check and unbalanced trades.

[DE]SCA9 de octubre de 2016 14:28

Hi there Maxitotito !

Thanks for the inquiry, we appreciate you checking in! I can try and clear things up for you :) The only time having multiple accounts on the same IP can lead to issues is if users are found to be exploiting the game by having alts or cheating the system with multiple accounts for Events, Contests, Promotions, Coupons or other things like that!

If you guys are simply playing the game, making regular trades and having fun, then you will be perfectly ok! If for any reason something did happen and an account triggered the anti-cheat system and got banned, simply write into the support and we will investigate the issue and resolve it for you! :)

The no-no, is mainly when triggering the anti-cheat system for severely imbalanced trades.

I hope this clears it up for you!

Archived