Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Name Changes?

-XeqtR

Does anyone know that has done a name change, before I pay the 200 platinum am I allowed to see if the name I want is available? I tried doing a website search for the name and there is not the one I want (But I remember it not being available way back when I first started). I just want to make sure that it doesn't charge the 200 plat and then tells me after I can't have that name and I'm out. Thanks!

Despite the name not being on search, it still says it's taken, so who knows. Thanks anyway guys.

Edited by xeqtrr

Just because someone registers to the game, doesn't mean they registered to the forums. I created my warframe account back in U6... Didn't register on forums until U9

I started playing Warframe back in U7 and i got automatically a forum account with the same name as i registered for the game. And my forum name changed to the same one ingame when i changed my name via plat.

Does anyone know that has done a name change, before I pay the 200 platinum am I allowed to see if the name I want is available? I tried doing a website search for the name and there is not the one I want (But I remember it not being available way back when I first started). I just want to make sure that it doesn't charge the 200 plat and then tells me after I can't have that name and I'm out. Thanks!

Despite the name not being on search, it still says it's taken, so who knows. Thanks anyway guys.

My previous name was " Cute " and had to ask support to let me delete an older account so I could re-use it's name, so i'll give you a few details on how it works.

They DO NOT charge you the 200 Platinum UNTIL you accept the new name, if you attempt to put in a new name and it's already taken, you'll just be told it's taken and name change was not successful at the changing menu.

• 1 month later...

My previous name was " Cute " and had to ask support to let me delete an older account so I could re-use it's name, so i'll give you a few details on how it works.

They DO NOT charge you the 200 Platinum UNTIL you accept the new name, if you attempt to put in a new name and it's already taken, you'll just be told it's taken and name change was not successful at the changing menu.

Went from Cute to Hermaphrodite. Wow. xD gj

Accounts that are registered to the game are automatically registered to the forums.

Wrong.

They actually have to go to the forums on the newly created account for it to create the forum account as well.

If they don't a forum search won't turn up any results but the name will be taken.

The only sure way to know if a name is taken is to try to add it in game.