Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Gossip About Lotus!

Mir.

We all hear from her getting missions, getting ordered around while our warframes obey silently.

She looks humane, what if she's a grinner or corpus spy.

well after she would always say "GOOD JOB TENNO!"

it's like your maths teacher would complement you with "GOOD JOB HUMAN!" It's almost pretty insulting in a sense..

It probably means she herself isn't a Tenno..

Exactly. Proof? She can talk, and she exposes part of her face :P

She's more like a member of the mysterious organization that dispatches the tenno. Tenno would be the warriors themselves specifically.

it's like your maths teacher would complement you with "GOOD JOB HUMAN!" It's almost pretty insulting in a sense..

I literally laughed out loud xD

Lotus has something to do with the virus in Dark Sector.

It's also the logo in every warframe and Lotus herself.

Since both lores are similiar, I believe Lotus was the organization that may have created the Warframes.

Though at the start, I smelled evil coming from her and I still do.

Edited by JRMC

All we see of her is all that there IS of her. Just a head in a jar, with a camera trained on it.

Most accurate answer to reality. Although she may be a mysterious figure for us Tennos, but is for sure she's our ally. After all, she awoken us form the crypods when our extintion began. And so far we entrust our lives and souls to her legacy and our own. For me, I'd say: Hail Lotus!

I would kill Lotus

Wow. That's cold.

I wonder how many Tenno the Lotus has at her disposal. During missions we hear about Tennos that have been captured or died and we save and defend sleeping Tennos. By now she should have a pretty decent Tenno army.

Makes me wonder if there are Tenno that do not follow her or some that actually follow their own path and act like double agents just working for the highest bidder. What if we actually get double-agent missions like in Global Agenda (which warframe really reminds me of in the pve aspects) and have to fight a tenno going rogue? XD

She said "Lotus will be please"

It kinda of makes you think...

The Lotus that talks to you is fake and DERebecca, the real Lotus.

Stepping out of story for a sec. I suspect that is a partial goof as DE may have changed thier direction as to what the lady who talks to you is. While she is identified as the Lotus now, it could be that in early drafts and recordings she was intended to be a typical control/intermediary between the Player Tenno and the Lotus (organization more then entity). Given the tutorial and introduction this seems to have been changed to make the "control" the Lotus. Both an entity and effectively the organization. Something to point out before this gets out of beta.... And back on course.

Anyways the real question is why is the Lotus collecting and reviving Tenno and their Warframes? The Grineer may seem like a bunch of evil empire types to us but we are given no greater context as to how the civilian population of Origin is treated. Corpus, super mega shipping company with a taste for robotic war machines and possibly cybernetically augmented/contorlled crew... but again no clear reason why we need be sent rampaging through their ships. The Ancient are about the only real true threat to human existence which the Tenno would seem to be well designed to fight.

So why? Did the Lotus just happen to run across a few Warframes and Oroken database and deside that it would be a nifty idea to play "savor to humanity" when no one asked her too? "Neato, I found a cache of brain scrubbed super soldiers from antiquity, their old training base, and their foundry facility. I'ma go play heroine-goddess."

With all the intel, artifact hunting, disruption, if feels like the Lotus is angling for an eventual system wide take over and putting he self in as Goddess-Queen of Origin.

A bit extreme but it will do. :)

What? You got a problem with Goddess-Queen? Sometimes sheeple need the firm had of enlightened benevolent dictatorship. Who better to enforce such a rule then a band of elite custom built/grown stealthy killing machines.

.... Although would be nice to get more story context about what's going on in the Origin system in general. Context makes for roleplay :P

She is mother of tennos ?

Maybe... ;)

Although I doubt it. Better question, are the Tenno human or organic weapons platforms in human form? What if the Lotus isn't actually a "person" but is a mass delusion that all Tenno are 'programmed' (using that term loosly) to share? Reenforced by shared comm traffic.

Edited by Brasten