Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ripkas and Ghoulsaw Attacking Sound

(PSN)Singularity-X1

So I figure this has been a long standing issue that bugged me, and Ghoulsaw just brought it back up. 
I'm wondering why the weapons place such an emphasis on the tinny chain sound. This dominant sound just sounds like you're just rotating a bicycle chain, instead of proper chainsaw tools/weapons. It's always bothered me, and I'm wondering if others are heavily bothered by this.

Ghoulsaw does have a better sound, but it's overshadowed by the tinny bicycle chain like sound, and Ripkas suffers even more from this predominant, rattly, and weak sound effect. I would like to ask for DE's/Warframe's sound engineers to give us a fuller/better sound for these weapons.

On 2021-09-11 at 10:06 AM, Lancars said:

Ripkas's left chain direction needs to be reversed.

Nah. Ripkas cut on both the upswing and downswing, indicating that the mechanism must have a movement sensor applying appropriate rotation of the blades during any stroke. At idle, it therefore doesn't matter which direction the blades rotate in. 🙂

That being the case, for manufacturing and logistics it would be an unnecessarily complication to produce left- and right-hand Ripkas, since the same unit would do the job for either.

On 2021-09-11 at 5:42 AM, (PSN)Singularity-X1 said:

Ripkas suffers even more from this predominant, rattly, and weak sound effect.

Given their small size, I find the "electric motor" sound to be quite appropriate for Ripkas.

Like, maybe if we eventually get Kuva Ripkas which were twice the size of the regular ones (oh, how awesome that'd be!), beefier sound fx would be called for...

The whopping great Ghoulsaw, though, definitely feels to me like the idle sound sound should be more of a gut-rumbling throb, rising to a throaty roar when it's swung. It would certainly enhance the experience.

Archived