Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voltacular Statue Contest!

[DE]CoreyOnline

My very 1st frame, and still the one I main (well, the prime version), but this little guy forever remains in my inventory in its monochromatic glory. Sadly the attachments and the arcane helmet had to be removed, the immortal skin remains as it's part of its identity.

https://ibb.co/Tr0sYqR

Edited by Silox
Seems the picture did not save when posted, using host site instead

"Captain Volt at your service."

I based this on old timey naval uniforms, which Volt's appearance lends itself well to:

• Navy blue overcoat,
  • White(-ish) undershirt,
  • Golden buttons,
  • Black shiny boots/gloves

I used more "dirty white" tones to lean more into the inspirational time period, where white color is generally a little greyish. If I wanted to be more source accurate the "pants" would also be white, but I didn't want to put white on white so I went for a neutral grey that doesn't clash with the colors and highlights the other colors. The tones have darkened a bit in these shots, as I used a shady spot. I took full advantage of the emissive lights which look like golden buttons, and the gold strips on the shoulder armor look like rank insignias that modern captains normally wear on their shoulders. They emphasize all the more what I was going for, making it a quite neat package for me.

Hope you like it.

89c0a138a5c7c8bb80dca434804fd444.jpg

Edited by Mattitja
Cleaned up my thoughts and description to be more comprehensible.

5 hours ago, (NSW)DEATH66687 said:

I would enter. But I don't have a volt frame lol...

Seriously DE, how is this contest fair to all players, if every player does not own a Volt in their arsenal...especially when the only way to get Volt is by picking him as your starter frame, dump a lot of resources and time into dojo reasearch (and that's only if you have a clan dojo), or through Conclave (and who the heck is going to grind to the top rank and give Teshin 60,000 point of standing just for Volt)??? I mean, wouldn't a more fair way of been to offer a coloring book page featuring Volt that everyone could print out or put in their favorite paint app to color? At least then anyone who is interested in a chance to win a custom Volt statue could enter, not just players who happen to currently own Volt.