Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability to start tridolons at any time using a dragon key

0_The_F00l

Hello,

We recently had a discussion regarding tridolons and their accessibility,

Personally i am not a fan of tridolons , i do not like the eye bleed it causes, i also dislike the specific expectation on gear and the attitude some tridolon hunters showcase.

Much of this is to do with the type of reward given by the hunts and the limited time available to achieve them, Not everyone has the free time to wait an entire hour for a mission. 

I would propose the following so that some of it is mitigated and those that are not interested in elite speedruns can do so casually at any time of their choosing (with friends or solo).

A new key available in the orokin lab called the shadow dragon key

Clan Research Requirements (just suggestion): 20K credits, Brilliant Eidolon shard x 1, Radiant Eidolon shard x 1, Eidolon shard x 1,

Crafting requirement (just suggestion): 5K credits , 20x void traces, 5x intact core, 1x breath of the eidolon, 5 x Iradite. Reusable.

6 hours crafting time.

Inventory limit of max 1 at a time,

Result of crafting:

Option 1:

A new node available on earth (similar to void trader node in void) , the node connects to night time PoE.

Host can be joined by other players though invite.

On entering the node a timer starts for 45 - 50 minutes,

Exiting the node without defeating any Eidolon will allow you to re enter (key not consumed similar to the grendel missions),

Defeating even one Eidolon will use up the key.

Node can be exited by aborting to orbiter only , Extraction will automatically take you back to orbiter.

Option 2:

Key can be used on the Eidolon shrine during day,

Upon use the sky is darkened (think skyrim blood cursed arrows) ,Eidolons emerge and grineer deploy their lures.

The "shadow veil" lasts for 45 minutes and upon time out the veil is removed and PoE revert to what they would have been if no key was used.

Key will be destroyed if an eidolon was captured/killed, but can be reused if no eidolon was captured.

If used during night it has no effect, cannot be used at dawn while an eidolon is still roaming.

Think it may be time for something like this.  The game is good enough and now so content rich on it's own that it does not need every single gate on content it has today.

I think they know this and put time into quality of life / player respect type changes slowly being added to the game.  Like forma is now less than 24 hour build time, so you can build them daily a lot easier.  

Was just thinking how nice the Fortuna bosses are that you can kick off profit taker or exploiter orb anytime of the day.  Exploiter having little long term benefit I am sure is pretty dead on matchmaking, but profit taker being in nightwave cycle and used for that wing event last year has been really successful. 

Plains / Eidolons should get that always available enhancement.  The other open world cycles matter a little bit on what resources you can get, but you don't need to farm any worlds resources for 100+ hours.  To get all the eidolon drops you need hundreds of runs, so having the fight only available 33% of the time is an extra gate.  Also being time constrained it has higher consequences, so when vets and new players mix toxicity comes out.   Warframe welcoming community is often pointed to as a reason to play/try the game, but reaching the eidolon stage of progress I know frustrates many players.

23 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Clan Research Requirements (just suggestion): 20K credits, Brilliant Eidolon shard x 1, Radiant Eidolon shard x 1, Eidolon shard x 1,

Soooo... How are the clans that don't already have these things suppose to research one of these ? 😱

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Soooo... How are the clans that don't already have these things suppose to research one of these ? 😱

Same way they research any new item , build the respective lab and invest resources in it.

The actual Mats are just a suggestion , they could be anything else, but makes sense that you would research Eidolons shards to be able to make suitable changes to the environment for them.

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Same way they research any new item , build the respective lab and invest resources in it.

The actual Mats are just a suggestion , they could be anything else, but makes sense that you would research Eidolons shards to be able to make suitable changes to the environment for them.

Yeah I dont think you understand my concern ...

If you need a Key to do Eidolons then how are people going to Research the key if the mats needed to make them drop from Eidolons 😱 ?

50 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah I dont think you understand my concern ...

If you need a Key to do Eidolons then how are people going to Research the key if the mats needed to make them drop from Eidolons 😱 ?

You don't need a key to do Eidolons , you need a key to do Eidolons during the day .

This will not change how things are happening already where you can line up for night hunts.

And its a clan research, it needs to happen only once.

26 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You don't need a key to do Eidolons , you need a key to do Eidolons during the day .

This will not change how things are happening already where you can line up for night hunts.

And its a clan research, it needs to happen only once.

Oh.... Cool then.... 😁 

However what about the actual Eidolons themselves changing how we access them doesn't change how demanding the hunts can be... 😱

Archived