Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Tab In The Market.

GhostUnitVII

To have a Event items tab be shown in the market so people can access them during or after the event.

how will this be useful?

- can establish a points system that can allow you to buy event items during or after the event. (ex: Gradivus Dillemma)

- can show previous missed items, and leave them unavailable until a certain event comes up.

- efficient...

- maybe add a auto buy feature when the item becomes available, without the need of being online.

example items?

- Brakk

- Snipetron

- Braton Vandal

- Snipetron Vandal

- etc etc...

Kinda misses the point of event items.

"Hey, if you do 100 missions in this event, you'll get a special weapon! If you don't want to do that, you can get it anyway afterwards!"

What he means is, even if you miss one event, but participate in another, you can use the points you collect to buy the previous item. All in all, you do the same amount of work for the weaponry. Also, the points can ONLY be gotten through events.

how is it possible to have snipetron vandal and do not have snipetron?

The Snipetron Vandal was an event Item, where the snipetron BP was given out with it as a sort of apology for taking it off the market so quickly without warning.

Well if they just gave out a bp it would make sense that they had to implement a way into the game for you to get the parts (the void obviously), but then players who didn't take part in the event would have been running void missions and getting frost prime parts but not having a bp? would have seemed like a bit of a kick in the teeth to those players :P

If I remember correctly they gave people Frost Prime helmets in anticipation for the Orokin Void being added to the game.

I could be wrong though...

It was the blueprint that was given out for the Moa event. They said it was exclusive, and when that changed, there was an uproar. People are still butthurt, but DE can't be successful by stiffing everyone out of content all of the time.

DE is doing a pretty damn good job as it is, can't we just leave it at that?

Frost Prime was a reward to MOA event participants which granted them early access to the frame. I'm not sure if it was meant to be an exclusive, or just a reward and an introduction into the Orikin Voids.

I think you're right Zeally... I think it was a result of butt-hurt-itos

Edited by SluggoV2

kick in the teeth to those players :P

oh just don't go there. DE are masters to fk people up.

Personally i don't care about exclusive items, eventually it is just mastery points. mastery rank and restriction by it is farse.

So i think these weapons like brakk will be avaliable sooner or later via market or alert or drop. With current level of powercreep weapon which is op today will be useless tomorrow and so on and so on. Because there is little sense to balance weapons around some level. Well at least in F2P game.

eventually DE will provide enough weapons and frames so even players without vandal, prime, wraith gear will be able to reach level... 18? yes?

Edited by Althix

It was the blueprint that was given out for the Moa event. They said it was exclusive, and when that changed, there was an uproar. People are still butthurt, but DE can't be successful by stiffing everyone out of content all of the time.

Part of the problem was how they handled the change.  Instead of telling people they changed their minds and the reasons, they went with how they "never meant to imply" it was exclusive.

There would have been a lot less anger if DE had appologized and done something like give everyone who got the frame blueprint in the event the 3 part blueprints to save them some grinding.

They are called being "Exclusive"

Hmm, i agree with you.

But i see large profit generator here. Lazy people also want exclusive items. Sell them exclusive items for 2000 plat per piece. If you dont have time, cough some money.

And also increase market prices for Corpus supporters. Because "Profit numbs the feeling".

Actually this is a really good idea - allow me to either elaborate (or clarify if this was the OP's actual idea):

What if in every event from now on, you are accumulating points rather than benchmarks?  The points should likely have the same kind of artificial cap that the events would, so that say 175 points was the maximum you could earn from an event.  Then once the event was done, the three items would be dumped into the Event Market Tab.  For the last event, the Badge would cost 25 points, the Machete 50, and the Brakk 100.  Every event hereafter follows the same formula.

Now, here's the fun part.  Say something comes up in the event you don't want - don't spend the points on it.  Save them and roll them forward.  Example: don't like the Machete?  Don't spend points on it.  Now when the next event's rewards come up, you have already accumulated 50 points.  Maybe you don't need to do the full grind this time.  Maybe you will anyways, but not the time after that.  Maybe you're one of those crazy people like me who always finds the time.  So occasionally, DE pulls some old reward out of the vault for people who have banked points.

Furthermore, rather than simply a shout-out to the leaderboard people (maybe including Clans, though that would be hard), here's a bonus 25 points that you can accumulate.

This could actually be a great idea - similar to the idea of tokens people keep bringing up.

Apologies if I explained something very different from your idea OP, but I think this could really work.

Bump~

Actually this is a really good idea - allow me to either elaborate (or clarify if this was the OP's actual idea):

What if in every event from now on, you are accumulating points rather than benchmarks?  The points should likely have the same kind of artificial cap that the events would, so that say 175 points was the maximum you could earn from an event.  Then once the event was done, the three items would be dumped into the Event Market Tab.  For the last event, the Badge would cost 25 points, the Machete 50, and the Brakk 100.  Every event hereafter follows the same formula.

Now, here's the fun part.  Say something comes up in the event you don't want - don't spend the points on it.  Save them and roll them forward.  Example: don't like the Machete?  Don't spend points on it.  Now when the next event's rewards come up, you have already accumulated 50 points.  Maybe you don't need to do the full grind this time.  Maybe you will anyways, but not the time after that.  Maybe you're one of those crazy people like me who always finds the time.  So occasionally, DE pulls some old reward out of the vault for people who have banked points.

Furthermore, rather than simply a shout-out to the leaderboard people (maybe including Clans, though that would be hard), here's a bonus 25 points that you can accumulate.

This could actually be a great idea - similar to the idea of tokens people keep bringing up.

Apologies if I explained something very different from your idea OP, but I think this could really work.

Yeah sorry that i didnt respond sooner... What you said basically sums it up. Event items go un-noticed because they are either not properly displayed, or hard to find in the market, eventhough its on the front page. Thank you for your insight in this matter, and yeh I would like to see this implemented int the game sooner or later.

One good example of this would be on "Spiral Knights" (not advertising, just using it as an example), where events have their own Credit/Token system, Just without a limit to how many you can actually get. You then take these Credit/Tokens to a local NPC, or a Market place to exchange for rare event items.

ghost-