Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exterminate Mission Failed?

(PSN)crashteddy03

This is a new one on me...

I was doing a Void Storm Exterminate Mission in Calabash (Veil). I had cleared the Priority Target, taken down a Crew Ship and boarded the Stanchion. Part way through killing Corpus on the Stanchion, I transferred into Operator Mode and suddenly I'm out in Archwing and getting a Mission Failed screen.

Now I know it wasn't to do with my Railjack as that still had full health. Anyway, it becomes invulnerable while you're onboard the Stanchion. The only think I can think of is that my Operator glitched out of bounds and so it deposited me back in space?

19 hours ago, (PSN)crashteddy03 said:

my Operator glitched out of bounds and so it deposited me back in space

Correct. It's not usually something that happens when solo/host, but it can happen if you're a client. If you go operator mode and void dash too quickly, if there's too much lag (or a lag spike), you can end up outside the ship. For some reason it's set-up as an auto-fail condition. 

It can also happen when stabbing a lich, if the animation puts you through a wall. Sucked outside to mission failure.

3 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Correct. It's not usually something that happens when solo/host, but it can happen if you're a client. If you go operator mode and void dash too quickly, if there's too much lag (or a lag spike), you can end up outside the ship. For some reason it's set-up as an auto-fail condition. 

It can also happen when stabbing a lich, if the animation puts you through a wall. Sucked outside to mission failure.

Funnily enough I was playing solo.

That seems to me like a design flaw (hopefully an unintended one). I get that there's a few places, like the transport ship priority target, where you can deliberately go out of bounds to get back in to space without having to reach the exit point, but why let that continue when on the Stanchion? Why not just reset like every other mission?

I guess I've just been lucky so far to not have seen this. I'm going to have to be a bit more careful with void dash...

Archived