Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catrina, the ghost of Naberus (Warframe Concept)

LagartoPunkarra

Codex:

Elegant mistress of death and renewal, Catrina guides the souls of the dead to help her and her allies in combat.

Stats:

Sex: Female

Health: 200 (400 at R30)

Shield: 175 (375 at R30)

Armor: 200

Energy: 250 (500 at R30)

Sprint Speed: 0.95

Aura Polarity: Naramon

Exilus Polarity: None

Polarities: 2 Vazarin

Themes: Ghost, Death, Calavera Catrina

Progenitor Element: Radiation

Passive:

Dead enemies in 30 meters of Catrina will leave a soul orb that only Catrina can see. She can manipulate them with her abilities. Soul orbs will despawn after 2 minutes and are capped at 20 soul orbs, hitting that cap will make enemies to not leave more soul orbs.

Abilities:

Spirit Dash (25 energy): Catrina dashes 8 meters forward. Enemies caught in the dash will recieve 250 Radiation damage and get terrified for 25 seconds, trying to run away and recieving 75% more damage from all sources. Soul orbs in range will also use Spirit Dash alongside Catrina.

Strange Pulse (25 energy): Catrina releases an eerie pulse of energy in a 10 meter radius that heals herself and her allies by 250 Health while dealing 250 Radiation damage to enemies and confusing them, making them attack everything in sight. Soul orbs in range will also release a pulse, amplifying the effects of this ability.

Spiritual Flower (50 energy, Subsumable): Catrina leaves a ghostly flower under her feet. This flower will release an energy cloud every 15 seconds in a 6 meters radius that disappears after 10 seconds, buffing herself and her allies with a 4 energy per second restoration for 4 seconds while dealing 250 Toxin damage per second to enemies for 5 seconds and damaging their weapons, making them deal 25% less damage. Staying on Spiritual Flower's energy clouds will refresh the buff duration. Each Spiritual Flower have a duration of 60 seconds, disappearing after that. Soul orbs in range will also place a Spiritual Flower under them.

Memento Mori (100 energy): Catrina snaps her fingers, making the soul orbs in range to explode in a 15 meter radius and go to the afterlife. The explosions will deal 2500 Radiation damage each. Enemies that die by the explosion will also explode in the same way, but still leaving a soul orb, while enemies that survive the explosions will be debuffed, dealing 50% less damage. This ability can't be used if there's no soul orbs in range.

11 minutes ago, ElecDeathblade said:

Dead enemies will leave a soul orb when Catrina is present and only Catrina can see. She can manipulate them with her abilities in a 30 meter radius. Soul orbs will despawn after 2 minutes.

What's your plan for a cap on Soul Orbs? It seems like it could get messy really quickly.

The frame does sound good though.

9 hours ago, ElecDeathblade said:

Probably until someone's PC dies, but I'll add a cap.

Personally, I do like the idea of crashing/lagging people's games with that kind of thing. It is probably not preferred by most people though. I was thinking around balance too - if they have a decent impact on gameplay having 200 could be OP.

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

Personally, I do like the idea of crashing/lagging people's games with that kind of thing. It is probably not preferred by most people though. I was thinking around balance too - if they have a decent impact on gameplay having 200 could be OP.

I capped the soul orbs at 20 inside the 30 meters area where they can be used.

I really like the concept and the soul orbs sound like an interesting mechanic.

Two critiques,

Spiritual Flower at base gives you 100 energy without mods or taking into account the additional flowers created by soul orbs. Including the additional flowers and potential mod setups, this is a huge amount of potential energy to give. It is essentially free energy to every warcrame it's equiped on. Something to think over.

Memento Mori dealing true damage sounds awesome and 2500 isn't that much at higher levels for a single instance. But you have every soul orb in range explode with it. Given how OP true damage is (which is why we like slash status so much) having up to 20 orbs explode with this amount of damage can result in some stupid numbers with no modding (50,000 true damage total). Additionally having every enemy that dies from it also deal that much damage makes this ability sound afk-able being able to just sit and spam it.

Suggestions;

I would suggest making the soul orbs collectable and used to scale up her abilities. Maybe a 3-5meter collection range. This would help with damage scaling beyond 20 orbs and help with graphics performance. Assuming that the number on the ground is still capped. I would also make all abilities use up any uncollected Soul Orbs in range. This would also encourage players to decide whether or not to pick them up.

For Spirit Dash I would keep it the same including uncollected orbs mimicking her dash. The only thing I'd do, would be to have her damage (not the uncollected orbs damage) scale off the number of collected orbs. Say +10% per orb collected. Numbers can always be adjusted later anyways.

For Strange Pulse I would do the same type of scaling for the health and damage, with maybe a lower number for the health.

Spiritual Flower, I would alter to cost Soul Orbs and make it a charge mechanic. For every Soul Orb consumed it would give Catrina and allies within range 5 energy over 15 seconds. Uncollected Soul Orbs would also release the same field but I wouldn't  let them stack with eachother. The more Orbs are consumed the more energy is given over the 15 seconds. The Toxin Damage I would make scale with the number of unconsumed Soul Orbs Catrina still has.

For Momentus Mori I would make the damage type radiation or physical, only because the amount of true damage we are talking about bypasses all Resistances and Armor, which pushes it into guaranteed instakill territory (this is potentially why any abilities in game that deal true damage suck and deal practically no damage). I would also make it cost maybe 5 Soul Orbs per Orb in range, and scale off the amount Catrina still has banked after casting. Obviously if there are no orbs in range it would not consume anything. I'm also up in the air about whether or not enemies killed by this should also explode, because the ability is pretty powerful as is.

2 hours ago, Arcsyrine said:

I really like the concept and the soul orbs sound like an interesting mechanic.

Two critiques,

Spiritual Flower at base gives you 100 energy without mods or taking into account the additional flowers created by soul orbs. Including the additional flowers and potential mod setups, this is a huge amount of potential energy to give. It is essentially free energy to every warcrame it's equiped on. Something to think over.

Memento Mori dealing true damage sounds awesome and 2500 isn't that much at higher levels for a single instance. But you have every soul orb in range explode with it. Given how OP true damage is (which is why we like slash status so much) having up to 20 orbs explode with this amount of damage can result in some stupid numbers with no modding (50,000 true damage total). Additionally having every enemy that dies from it also deal that much damage makes this ability sound afk-able being able to just sit and spam it.

Suggestions;

I would suggest making the soul orbs collectable and used to scale up her abilities. Maybe a 3-5meter collection range. This would help with damage scaling beyond 20 orbs and help with graphics performance. Assuming that the number on the ground is still capped. I would also make all abilities use up any uncollected Soul Orbs in range. This would also encourage players to decide whether or not to pick them up.

For Spirit Dash I would keep it the same including uncollected orbs mimicking her dash. The only thing I'd do, would be to have her damage (not the uncollected orbs damage) scale off the number of collected orbs. Say +10% per orb collected. Numbers can always be adjusted later anyways.

For Strange Pulse I would do the same type of scaling for the health and damage, with maybe a lower number for the health.

Spiritual Flower, I would alter to cost Soul Orbs and make it a charge mechanic. For every Soul Orb consumed it would give Catrina and allies within range 5 energy over 15 seconds. Uncollected Soul Orbs would also release the same field but I wouldn't  let them stack with eachother. The more Orbs are consumed the more energy is given over the 15 seconds. The Toxin Damage I would make scale with the number of unconsumed Soul Orbs Catrina still has.

For Momentus Mori I would make the damage type radiation or physical, only because the amount of true damage we are talking about bypasses all Resistances and Armor, which pushes it into guaranteed instakill territory (this is potentially why any abilities in game that deal true damage suck and deal practically no damage). I would also make it cost maybe 5 Soul Orbs per Orb in range, and scale off the amount Catrina still has banked after casting. Obviously if there are no orbs in range it would not consume anything. I'm also up in the air about whether or not enemies killed by this should also explode, because the ability is pretty powerful as is.

There are things that I saw and I agree, but I'm not into the "collect the orbs" thing.

But yeah, I'll make some small changes.

1 hour ago, Arcsyrine said:

Fair enough, not everyone likes meter managing.

I actually don't mind meter managing, I find Nidus and Gauss fun to play thanks to that meter management.

But I don't invision this concept with a meter management, but more as an area management, as you manage the area where the soul orbs are to make optimal use of them.

Archived