Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Project : '' Katana '' ( With Sheath )

x_RAIDEN_x

Hello everyone,

So i made and i have seen alot of topics about trying to get a Katana in the game. Now i know some of you are against it and all so this topic will mainly be for people who like me really , really want a katana with a sheath in the game.

So my idea is to make a little project to do as much as we can to make this a reality.

Every little bit of help is much appreciated :)

So if you really want this as well please let us discuss our options with each other and see what we can do :D

resized_527944e543cdc.jpg

If you look at MGR, they could do something similar with a Tenno katana + futuristic-looking sheath.

My idea with it is that, instead of being your regular boring longsword style, it will be a completely new sword-style with its own animation and attacks based on Iaijutsu. Seriously, Iaijutsu is awesome when portrayed over-the-top in games.

Additionally, some of the combos may involve using the sheath to attack or block/counter (if the melee system ever gets overhauls). You'll know what I'm talking about if you played games like Soulcalibur (Mitsurugi <3).

As for designs, it will allow DE to bring back slick katana-ish sword designs on the table. I read many people liking the Skana's design, but since it's among the weakest swords, there's not much use for them, which is sad since the Skana does look good.

would even use it with very low damage :D

Nooo! It should have serrated blade and relatively high damage since katanas are super fine cutting swords! That's just my bias kicking in, but I think it will make sense.

Edited by Casardis

Ha a nice start to our goal :P 

I had the same idea a whole new animation for the sword and ofcourse the damage has to be above skana average :)  ( although i too would use it no matter what the damage )

So what would be the best way to make this a little project for us to show the DE that this REALLY is a good idea .. ?

So what would be the best way to make this a little project for us to show the DE that this REALLY is a good idea .. ?

Find someone who is willing to do concept art, and/or a computer design. 

:D i would say yes, but i do not have the skill with drawing, and do not have the programs currently at my disposal. 

edit: i may know some people , that on their spare time, can draw up/ bring some other idea's to the table, will have to ask, if you want.

Edited by QuinnsWing

this is to help with this page since personally i would like a katana with a sheath, this is because of one thing..... The iato draw

for those who don't know or understand this technique, it is the act of drawing, cutting, and stepping forward simultaneously and then re-sheathing the sword in one fluid movement, if perfected it is a beautiful technique, and the idea of that being within this game sits with me well.

If you look at MGR, they could do something similar with a Tenno katana + futuristic-looking sheath.

My idea with it is that, instead of being your regular boring longsword style, it will be a completely new sword-style with its own animation and attacks based on Iaijutsu. Seriously, Iaijutsu is awesome when portrayed over-the-top in games.

Additionally, some of the combos may involve using the sheath to attack or block/counter (if the melee system ever gets overhauls). You'll know what I'm talking about if you played games like Soulcalibur (Mitsurugi <3).

As for designs, it will allow DE to bring back slick katana-ish sword designs on the table. I read many people liking the Skana's design, but since it's among the weakest swords, there's not much use for them, which is sad since the Skana does look good.

Nooo! It should have serrated blade and relatively high damage since katanas are super fine cutting swords! That's just my bias kicking in, but I think it will make sense.

im afraid i only read this afterwards

Find someone who is willing to do concept art, and/or a computer design. 

:D i would say yes, but i do not have the skill with drawing, and do not have the programs currently at my disposal. 

edit: i may know some people , that on their spare time, can draw up/ bring some other idea's to the table, will have to ask, if you want.

That would help sooo much already :)   i mean if we have something like that and a few good pages to back it up its a really good start :)

this is to help with this page since personally i would like a katana with a sheath, this is because of one thing..... The iato draw

for those who don't know or understand this technique, it is the act of drawing, cutting, and stepping forward simultaneously and then re-sheathing the sword in one fluid movement, if perfected it is a beautiful technique, and the idea of that being within this game sits with me well.

im afraid i only read this afterwards

Well i really think that animation should be in there somewhere .. :)

Having a Katana as new weapon altogether would seem redundant, it's better off just being a skin alternative with stat changes to the Skana.

Same for Dual Skana having a Katana and Ninjato as an alternate skin + stat changes and the Gram having an Odachi + stat changes as an alternate skin being that the Gram still doesn't have a skin of its own.

There was a thread made awhile ago back when Warframe/Weapon feedback were one section before splitting up into 2 seperate sections, it was about having a Katana that replaced both primary and secondary weapon slots while keeping the melee weapon slot for you 'default' melee weapon, but the thread died off cause it's just too ambitious considering that it would have to be on par with most of the newer released primaries like the Soma to be made viable enough to replace both your weapon slots.

Major balancing issues would also have to be considered on top of the revised melee combat DE is promising in the future.

Edited by __Kanade__

I'd approve of a simple sword which is neither pepper bell nor plasma-ugly or Tenno decoration.

A simple Katana would be amazing. No need for new animations and revolutionary combat blahhh! - Just basic equipment that is elegant, simple and effective.

I'd prefer to have some traditional like in OPs mainpost. But incase somebody likes something more futuristic... How about that?

(Futuristic version)

sci_fi_katana__miyakawa_kuroma_by_railgu

(Artist formerly Railgun)

Edited by Kasamoto

I'd approve of a simple sword which is neither pepper bell nor plasma-ugly or Tenno decoration.

A simple Katana would be amazing. No need for new animations and revolutionary combat blahhh! - Just basic equipment that is elegant, simple and effective.

I'd prefer to have some traditional like in OPs mainpost. But incase somebody likes something more futuristic... How about that?

(Futuristic version)

sci_fi_katana__miyakawa_kuroma_by_railgu

(Artist formerly Railgun)

Seems like a very nice made katana. Its indeed more futuristic :P

But what i really want to see is a more traditional kind of katana. And the animations at first can be overlooked but in the end i'd really like those too :)

Hello everyone,

So i made and i have seen alot of topics about trying to get a Katana in the game. Now i know some of you are against it and all so this topic will mainly be for people who like me really , really want a katana with a sheath in the game.

So my idea is to make a little project to do as much as we can to make this a reality.

Every little bit of help is much appreciated :)

So if you really want this as well please let us discuss our options with each other and see what we can do :D

resized_527944e543cdc.jpg

vB9B5.gif