The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Aquatic Zone!

Syzodia

Well, they've got fish art abound, and they've been discussing swimming for a while, so I don't see why not on either case.

As for the idea of merely underwater facilities, I'm not sure if merely replacing the stars outside the glass windows with fish instead really counts as "cool". I mean, it's doable, but...

This isn't Nardo. We don't run on water. Still, it's a really cool concept, so why the hell not.

Also, what NBlitZ said.

Nardo?

NBlitZ?

I'm lost.

And to the underwater glass tunnel ideas, yeah that's cool too!

>Break reinforced glass

>Flood the area while lockdown is activated

>Enemies drown.

Great idea!

Aw, come on. You know it'd be cool to slaughter your enemies in Rapture. And actually, the whole underwater tunnel thing would work really well on Europa, considering the fact that it's essentially an ocean world. I just hope that the Corpus use higher quality glass in their tunnels than their ships' exterior windows...

Aw, come on. You know it'd be cool to slaughter your enemies in Rapture. And actually, the whole underwater tunnel thing would work really well on Europa, considering the fact that it's essentially an ocean world. I just hope that the Corpus use higher quality glass in their tunnels than their ships' exterior windows...

not entirely sure but isnt europa made of liquid methane?

Nardo?

NBlitZ?

I'm lost.

And to the underwater glass tunnel ideas, yeah that's cool too!

>Break reinforced glass

>Flood the area while lockdown is activated

>Enemies drown.

Great idea!

Nardo = Naruto, NBlitZ was the guy who posted before me, but for some reason his post is gone. He said we don't have swimming animations yet.

not entirely sure but isnt europa made of liquid methane?

No, that's Titan. Titan's sort of like Earth, if Earth was incredibly cold and had methane and other hydrocarbons instead of good ol' H2O. So not much like Earth at all. Europa's covered in a thick layer of ice, and most of what's underneath said ice is liquid water. Scientists believe it's the tidal stresses of Jupiter's gravity that creates enough heat to keep the internal water liquid. They also think that if any place in our solar system has life (beyond our rock), it might be Europa, since it's got liquid water, heat, and, presumably some sort of nutrients (minerals, various chemicals floating around in the water, ect) so that the bottom of the food chain can form.

Edited by TheMalachai

By the way, would be Ember still usefull in water situations ?

And what about fire weapons, like ignis ?

(synapse could be awesome in water trough, since water conducts electricity)

could we swim underwater for a long time, or would we need to catch some air from times to times, like @(*()$ wales ?

could we swim underwater for a long time, or would we need to catch some air from times to times, like @(*()$ wales ?

I feel like Ember would boil everything.

I feel like Ember would boil everything.

World On Steam.

I would love to have swimming in place. It could give more use to stamina as the stamina meter could be used to determine how long you last underwater (and this would give use to stamina boosting melee mods, allowing you to stay under indefinitely, as long as you are melee killing stuff constantly). Melee attacks should be slow and have reduced damage, as should guns.

Indeed, range, flight speed and accuracy should all be seriously impaired when firing underwater. Fire mods should be instantly rendered ineffective. Bolt weapons, on the other hand should be unaffected by water, and other guns could have the negative result reduced though puncture mods (like "real-life" underwater rounds which are almost dart or needle like).

I would LOVE to see this happen. Also, it could help suspension-of-belief-breaking falling into chasms only to pop out fine (how????). At least on the levels where you fall into water traps. Instead of just apparently teleporting back to where you were before you jumped, you would end up swimming in deep water and have to parkour your way out of there.