Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charged Chamber Vs Piercing Hit On Vectis -- Someone Check My Math

Casardis

Question

According to some quick math I did,

- Charged Chamber + Serration will grant a total of 708 AP damage (175 x (1.4 + 2.65))

- Serration + Piercing Hit will grant a total of 742 AP damage ((175 x 2.65) + (175 x 1.6))

Is the math correct? I'm pretty sure the extra damage from Charged Chamber is additive with the Serration multiplier, but I could be wrong (if I'm wrong then Charged Chamber + Serration will do even less damage).

EDIT: For the first line with Charged Chamber, would this be more correct?:

175 x 2.65 x 1.4 = 649 (lower than what I initially calculated).

Edited by Casardis

10 answers to this question

how bout just using all 3?

and I think your numbers might be slightly off, sec.

nah it adds up, you just used a slightly compressed way to write it down

Serration + Charged chamber: 175x(1.4+2.65) = 708.75

Serration + Piercing hit: (175x2.65)+((175x2.65)x0.6) = 742

but like I said:

you can take all 3, I only need 2 forma for the following setup. (written down in power cost, not fusion level)

and if your serration is higher than rank 6, you can use a smaller cryo rounds mod. a maxed out serration is only 2 points more with a matching polarity, and cryo is 4 for unranked.

Vectis (60):
- Serration: 5 (V)
- Split Chamber: 8 (V (Forma))
- Point Strike: 5 (V (Forma))
- Vital Sense: 9
- Piercing Hit: 9
- Cryo Rounds: 6
- Charged Chamber: 9
- Hammer Shot: 9

I know I don't have any reload / fire rate mods, and you don't need them; hammer reload after each shot and you can pretty much cancel out that 'recoil downtime' which you have before the vectis reloads.

Edited by Alighierian

Personally it doesn't mean much to me since I can't find Charged Chamber anywhere. (proceeds to rage a bit). As for the CC adding on to the Serration, I have no idea. I believe it does or else it would be next to useless at higher levels.

There is no fluctuation in damage numbers in this game, SO...

Grab Vectis, head to a low level area, and test it.

Actually, go to a HIGH level area. If he has an AP mod, then odds are, the extra AP damage will kill the mob and you wont see the base damage. Higher level mobs ensure that one shot wont kill so you will see both numbers.

Yes. 60% is more than 40%

It's not about which is more, it's about the math itself if it's calculated correctly or not since one supposedly adds directly to base damage while the other's an elemental, which could make different math calculations I'm not aware about in this game...

I'm just asking if I did it correctly. Will test the damage myself then.

how bout just using all 3?

and I think your numbers might be slightly off, sec.

I'd like to, and will if I could, but I'd need to use another forma for my build (since I like using Shred), which I don't have.

Edited by Casardis

Charged chamber is calculated after serration. If your weapon damage is a hypothetical 1000, the 40% on charged chamber will make that shot 1400.

An AP mod is applied based on that hit separately. So 60% of that 1400 would end up as an 840 AP added on top of the original 1400 as a second value.

So you would end up seeing 840 and 1400 on the first shot

Edited by Transmorphic_Wyvern

Charged chamber is calculated after serration. If your weapon damage is a hypothetical 1000, the 40% on charged chamber will make that shot 1400.

An AP mod is applied based on that hit separately. So 60% of that 1400 would end up as an 840 AP added on top of the original 1400 as a second value.

So you would end up seeing 840 and 1400 on the first shot

If you are right, then that means my calculations for the first line is incorrect, and it also means that it's much less effective than Piercing Hit.

Until Armor 2.0 when AP will be completely ineffective against unarmored targets.

You're right, but until Armor 2.0 is still not released, it won't be too relevant yet, except if one uses many formas to create a single, non versatile build. Then they may be in "trouble" unless it stays effective with armor 2.0 somehow.

Edited by Casardis