Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Graphics hurting my eyes

(PSN)Rhea-36-

To whom this may concern
IDK when the last graphics update was but some players I associate with and myself have recently been having a real problem playing the game comfortably. I have had to lower my contrast to about a third of the bar, raise the brightness, and turn off all graphical effects that deal within the game. About an hour or two into playing my eyes feel like they have completely dried out and they start to tear up uncontrollably. Even with mixing with the settings in the game, I also have to modify my tv screen's graphic output and wear sunglasses just to play the game at night. The only way I can describe the feeling is like there are 2-4 eyelashes stuck permanently to my eyeball. So again I don't know when this graphical update happened, but could please look into this. Other than that I cannot wait for the "New War" to come out on the 15th.

Sincerely:
Rhea-36-

P.S. Edit: I've done everything in my power to make the game playable.  I even messed with my own tv's settings. As of right now I can only play the game for about an hour before my eyes begin to hurt. Before that update I was able to play for 6-7 hours straight. As Warframe streamer that kind of puts a hinderance on my stream's length. All we are asking is for a toggle switch/slider to help balance out the graphics. Something like the colorblind setting.

I don't suffer quite as badly as that, but I do have several serious issues with the rendering in this game and they all arise from the fact that you can no longer disable autoexposure. Basically, it's what makes the global brightness level in the game go up and down and up and down depending on where you are or what's going on. Fire off a big particle-y explodey weapon with active Mirage's Hall of Mirrors? Screen goes black except for all the particles. Step outside on Orb Vallis? Screen goes completely white for a second and then back to normal. Run between different rooms? Screen subtly (or not so subtly) goes darker and lighter all on its own.

That was done a year and a half ago and I've hated it ever since:

I had this issue when using the Sonicor. There are many graphic options though to counter that. Reduce effect bloom, lower general brightness and effect brightness to a degree that befits you. The visual options can massively affect how your game looks like, try experimenting a bit with them.

Also, black energy color makes your own effects pretty much invisible.

Archived