Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Veil orphix venom pacing is overtuned

VelvetOrchid

Please do a balance pass on Orphix Venom in Railjack - the mission feels way way harder than the actual event and it doesn't feel fair. I've tried this mission with randos a couple times, and it's been a struggle. I have been using a kitted Mausolon and Voidrig both with multiple forma pumped into them and modded for corrosive. The team can barely kill Orphix 1 in time to get to Orphix 2 and it results in failture.

The game mode is too fast and hits hard and there's too many fires that need to be dealt with at the same time.

Some of the issues I noticed are as follows -

1. Orphixes spawn far too quickly.
2. Sentient control rises far too quickly and it constantly needs to be addressed.
3. Railjack enemies hit really hard and can quickly overwhelm a poorly modded Nechramech.  The empty Nechramechs lying around are useless.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

edit: even better when we struggle as a group. That’s a shared victory right there when success happens

Yes... Except when you're just trying to clear the node then it's just a relief that it's finally over...

I seriously hate this mode... Haven't touched it since i cleared Erato...

8 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

That sounds ideal, personally. Non-struggle gets kind of boring after a bit

edit: even better when we struggle as a group. That’s a shared victory right there when success happens

I wonder if that's the case here. I mean, they've put some forma into it and (probably) know what they are doing. At least for killing few Orphixes. They even struggle with 1.

Orphix Event were this struggle. I'm solo player and I don't have mech. At first I cannot even finish a mission. Then I've learned Mech movements, operator skills, some energy frame (in my case it was Protea) and maybe some others. At the end I think I was close to C rotation (12 Orphixes) from both side. All that was more or less my skill, energy from frame and some (not fully upgraded) void dash length.

I don't like mechs. I would prefer take my frame instead. But beating rotation C (not every time) made me "proud". I've not beat single RJ orphix because of this level (I think I've tried middle one, but I'm not sure).

47 minutes ago, quxier said:

I wonder if that's the case here. I mean, they've put some forma into it and (probably) know what they are doing. At least for killing few Orphixes. They even struggle with 1.

Orphix Event were this struggle. I'm solo player and I don't have mech. At first I cannot even finish a mission. Then I've learned Mech movements, operator skills, some energy frame (in my case it was Protea) and maybe some others. At the end I think I was close to C rotation (12 Orphixes) from both side. All that was more or less my skill, energy from frame and some (not fully upgraded) void dash length.

I don't like mechs. I would prefer take my frame instead. But beating rotation C (not every time) made me "proud". I've not beat single RJ orphix because of this level (I think I've tried middle one, but I'm not sure).

🤔 I wonder though whether they may also just need some additional mods or mod ranks. I’m not sure (though it’d be awesome if it was clearly defined) at what point the distinction is made between “It’s the mods” or “It’s the skill of the player”; the two concepts kind of intertwine, especially when we start to need mods when we jump into content that core power equipment can’t handle without a boost to innate strength.

As an aside, I’m mildly curious why you say “proud” in quotation marks; personally, I’d feel pretty good about myself if I did the same mission multiple times and succeeded with the same/similar loadout whereas before I struggled. I’d expect that meant I did something right this time when I wasn’t doing something right before. (though admittedly fun would have to be primary factor, and pride would as a result end up being a not-so-important side-effect 😋)

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

🤔 I wonder though whether they may also just need some additional mods or mod ranks. I’m not sure (though it’d be awesome if it was clearly defined) at what point the distinction is made between “It’s the mods” or “It’s the skill of the player”; the two concepts kind of intertwine, especially when we start to need mods when we jump into content that core power equipment can’t handle without a boost to innate strength.

Maybe they miss some mod or something, sure. However doing e.g 2k damage instead of 10k and loosing missions because of that is not fun. And I mean just first rotation (A). For many C rotation (12, 24... Orphixes) you would need more but for first it shouldn't be hard.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

As an aside, I’m mildly curious why you say “proud” in quotation marks; personally, I’d feel pretty good about myself if I did the same mission multiple times and succeeded with the same/similar loadout whereas before I struggled. I’d expect that meant I did something right this time when I wasn’t doing something right before. (though admittedly fun would have to be primary factor, and pride would as a result end up being a not-so-important side-effect 😋)

Proud in quotation marks means that I'm not very proud like I achieved something grandiose. It was something not very hard so my proud is not very big.

And I've used internet so it's not all my achievement.

52 minutes ago, quxier said:

Maybe they miss some mod or something, sure. However doing e.g 2k damage instead of 10k and loosing missions because of that is not fun. And I mean just first rotation (A). For many C rotation (12, 24... Orphixes) you would need more but for first it shouldn't be hard.

Proud in quotation marks means that I'm not very proud like I achieved something grandiose. It was something not very hard so my proud is not very big.

And I've used internet so it's not all my achievement.

🤔 I think the idea of fun between 2k damage versus 10k is a little subjective. I get the idea, that to do multiple runs of C we would need to have enough power to do it, and I can agree with that. If I only wanted to get the rewards from A though, and had to do it multiple times, I’d be taking the 2k, personally, because the 10k would make the fight way too easy, and I much prefer when I just scrape through (which means there’s a risk of failure, but without that risk of failure, success loses its value and becomes just another “Oh look. I won again. How surprising”).

About the pride thing, I think I get what you’re saying. It’s not very hard to equip an extra mod or two (though I’d point out that it may have been hard to get the mod in the first place), so that’s kind of an easy thing, true. Thanks for clarifying

As an aside, sometimes the internet can be pretty useful; it made it a little easier, but sometimes we all need a little help 👍 

Archived