Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it intentional that Acolytes prevent you from activating life support in Steel Path survival (SOLO)?

Sasha-

Because it's 90% of how my solo (and quite enjoyable, otherwise) Steel Path survival runs end, right when the mob drop rate for the capsules is lower (or they just don't die as quickly) and the Acolyte bosses have enough HP to require me to activate at least one cap before killing them. I can easily get beyond 1 hour in infested, but these guys seem to love trolling me (see video).

I mean, I get it, but the dude seems to have gotten stuck in the gutter there and kept teleporting me to him while I was trying to keep the game going... and sometimes he'd even pull me to the bit where I fall out of the map / reset with the stun anim that ruins my day :D 

Would be nice if his ability to teleport me was temporarily suspended while I am activating the pod anim (I mean, sure, let him still attack and kill me, because that's on me), but when he's just camping there saying "No Life Support For You!" it frustrates me. :D

Ash

3 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Nah they only pull u or something

Well, yes, but in doing so he stops me from activating the life support capsule which makes me salty because there was another 20 minutes of fun left in that match when the mobs are difficult enough that you actually have to do something other than press left click, e or 4.

Well they are enemies and they have the ability to pull, it is obvious that this will happen, since they are programmed that way. I mean they will not care if you run, if you are in sight they will surely use pull and it's a shame that it doesn't let you activate it but I don't think it's a bug.

It's just bad luck. 

1. You shouldn't have let yourself get that low when you knew an acolyte was on the way.

2. Not every acolyte does this, so you happen to get a specific acolyte by rng. 

3. Take a second to kill a few of those enemies for life support. 

4. That's a bad spot to fight on that tileset, anywhere else would've been fine.

5. It's an advanced tactic from old MMORPGs, but you can use your frame to "kite" the acolyte near the life support so it doesn't teleport or pull.

You basically let the acolyte get near you, then transference and hit life support.

Probably intentional. Even if it isn't though, it's honestly your fault for letting it happen:

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

1. You shouldn't have let yourself get that low when you knew an acolyte was on the way.

4. That's a bad spot to fight on that tileset, anywhere else would've been fine.

5. It's an advanced tactic from old MMORPGs, but you can use your frame to "kite" the acolyte near the life support so it doesn't teleport or pull.

You basically let the acolyte get near you, then transference and hit life support.

This is all valid advice, but the first point especially is your problem. I can see from the thumbnail in your video that you stack up the life support towers instead of using them to keep yourself hovering around at around 70+ life support, which will help you especially when you know you're due for an acolyte spawn. If you know you can't consume them during the acolyte, you need to consume them before.

7 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Well they are enemies and they have the ability to pull, it is obvious that this will happen, since they are programmed that way. I mean they will not care if you run, if you are in sight they will surely use pull and it's a shame that it doesn't let you activate it but I don't think it's a bug.

Plain Sight ?

I've been Teleported from entirely Different Tiles 😱.

5 hours ago, Ordel said:

Probably intentional. Even if it isn't though, it's honestly your fault for letting it happen:

🤨

11 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It's just bad luck. 

Fair points. Probably should have popped a few caps before he turns up. XD

11 hours ago, Ordel said:

This is all valid advice, but the first point especially is your problem. I can see from the thumbnail in your video that you stack up the life support towers instead of using them to keep yourself hovering around at around 70+ life support, which will help you especially when you know you're due for an acolyte spawn. If you know you can't consume them during the acolyte, you need to consume them before.

Fair point, but this was actually because I was too busy fighting the dude here, I can't kill a level 210 Acolyte in enough time sometimes, with my current (I'll work on that). The issue is I can go from 80%+ LS to 20% in during the fight because I'm terrible at multi-tasking when I concentrate on taking him down. XD I can beat acolytes almost 100% of the time but I need about 2-3minutes to do it, LS from 100 to 0 is about 1 minute, no?

I was also having a lot of fun so I took my eye of the LS for a while. Usually running Defence for that reason I guess.

Archived