Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Vallis Lag + Related Bugs

DarknessNightshade

Recently I've noticed there's been quite a bit of lag in the Orb Vallis and Fortuna, and it has caused a multitude of problems that, while I'm grinding for Aya for Prime Resurgance, I can't ignore, ranging from relatively mild delays to straight up game-breaking glitches that ruin the flow of the bounties, generally, the first load screen of the day takes a while, but I've noticed a considerable delay to the usual loading times, and massive delays trying to get in and out of Deck 51 even if you're in a solo session.

Just today, I logged in, immediately went to Fortuna, loaded up a 40-60 bounty (Proof of Life I think it was called at that rotation), the host couldn't find the Caches in the underground spy/cache section in Stage 1, there was no big yellow circle to indicate where the Caches were so I had to find them out myself by going through every room as you usually would.

In Stage 2, the host decided to leave and cause a migration during the Coildrive Defense section, which broke the bounty in that the instructions on screen said "Get to the ambush point", while the Coildrive had already previously spawned, and was just sitting there doing nothing, no new Coildrive had spawned, and we were forced to extract to start another bounty.

In some bounties I've been in, the game would automatically fail the next bounty stage, despite not even had reached the destination of that particular stage or interacted with it in any way, again, forcing an extraction and having to load up another bounty (or at least talking to the guy outside the gates of Fortuna), which is a mild inconvenience, or a major time loss depending on perspective.

If you decide to launch a bounty through the guy outside Fortuna, a few bugs can occur depending on if you get the same Bounty stage activity twice, such as getting into the vault to do the usual Spy section, on a replay the console wouldn't be interactable, breaking the bounty and forcing a restart.

As well as visual glitches like captives being able to walk right through the laser doors supposedly making up their jail cell after being startled, jetpack corpus units spinning uncontrollably in the greenhouse, parts of the map refusing to load due to host lag,

I'm not sure if these bugs are occuring because of an increase of server traffic of players grinding for Aya and abandoning bounties like the supposed removal of Ghoul bounties was meant to fix, or just general bugs that need addressing, either way, I feel incredibly frustrated having to interupt my usual grind just to reset my progress because of some reoccuring bug, and I hope a round of fixes will happen when New War releases. 

Edit: After launching a second bounty attempt, none of the consoles in one of the Spy sections in the Vallis would activate after being hacked, leaving doors locked and making it impossible to reach the objective, I have submitted a report ticket: ID #2698109

13 hours ago, parabashka said:

Just never repeat twice mission in a row in Orb Vallis without exiting to Fortuna and you will never experience most of this bugs, which was already mentioned in separated threads numerous amount of times.

While I assume you are trying to help, people should not have to put up with the buginess and actively avoid doing certain intended actions, I submitted an EE.log to help the devs pin down the issue, and hopefully it gets some attention. 

Archived