Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Computer Dead And Can't Play

Stalphyr

Well those that know me just to let you know MY COMPUTER DIED!! So I am out for a bit till I can save money to buy/build a new one! I wish I could play with all the new stuff and changes hopefully soon in a few months( 6 or so) i will have the money to get a new computer to handle Game playing.

See you all then I will keep an eye on the forums to keep in touch and apprised of the game changes!!

Stalphyr

Well those that know me just to let you know I NEED TO BUY SOME COFFE!! So I am out for a bit till I go to my favourite shop and buy some! I wish I could play with all the new stuff and changes hopefully soon in a few minutes ( 15 or so) i will have the coffe to get enough will power to handle Game playing.

See you all then I will keep an eye on the road to keep in touch and apprised of the traffic!!

KONAir

This is important.

Edited by KONAir

Electrical surge that Fried Surge and all Hardware connected HDD PWR Supply Router Modem ETC ALL Dead. i think Lightening strike but not sure CPU Burned and other darkened parts Melted plastic Luckily did not start fire and laptop(net book) was not attached got cheap router for now

Unless your playing on a glued together Apple product, you should be able to pinpoint the faulty component and just replace it.

I find it hard to believe your whole rig is broken, unless it's the motherboard which took down everything..

Electrical surge that Fried Surge and all Hardware connected HDD PWR Supply Router Modem ETC ALL Dead. i think Lightening strike but not sure CPU Burned and other darkened parts Melted plastic Luckily did not start fire and laptop(net book) was not attached got cheap router for now

.. well, unless it's a massive power spike that fried your computer. That sucks man.

Edited by CeePee

I know that feel. My laptop's hinge is broken and when I close it, the hinge pulls the plastic from around the monitor (never buy a Toshiba, guys!) and between getting it fixed last week or buying Grandmaster, I opted for the latter. I use it for a desktop, and I rarely close it so it wasn't a huge problem. I'll probably be MIA next week or the week after to get it fixed.

Anyways, hope you get your computer fixed/replaced.

And this is why at the bare minimum, you need to invest in one of these

42-101-008-01.jpg

The battery backup is a good line conditioner when it comes to things like that, on top of being a surge protector.  This is required equipment when plugging in anything electronic that is > $200.

yep I am going to get a Better Surge Protector and Build better system that is why it will take so long besides on limited budget as well. and yes MB took Hard Hit it was older system and would need to be upgraded anyways. So Yes I am going to do it right and take my time to do it right and build it right.