The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

kubrow and kavat fur textures totally broken

morningstar999

Still not fixed. They announced a fix some time in march I think. Didn't happen. seems we're stuck with this, like the Nychus Moa neck being stuck in it's skull, infested k-drive parts not being colourable, prime armor parts/ephemeras being off-centre numerous lighting issues, most of the new-ish armour pieces clipping into most frames model or floating above their body, parts of frames clipping into said frames (just look at the new valkyr deluxe when using her own new animation sets), prime (paid) operator suits not being usable for the drifter (fix announced, never heard mention of it ever again).

That's just what immediatly comes to mind. There's probably way more if someone would care to look into it for a bit. For a game that heavily relies on it's optics to bring in revenue they have an interesting track record of ignoring visual bugs for years and years :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The textures are still weird as hell. :/

All of my kubrows fur have this weird... sheen to it, that doesn't match the color of the original fur at all.
It really ruins all kinds of nice combinations I had before. :c

https://imgur.com/a/2I1yRyk

This should be a cool brown, not orange. It gets even worse with other colors.

Edited by Tinkili
too stupid for uploading pics lol
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's kinda outrageous that this has been a thing for this long and no one has even addressed it.
It's as if they re-did the hair and fur textures but without even looking at the kubrows or kavats in-devbuild after the updates to see if they looked good. (aside from operators)
Hopefully when the new open world comes out they'll address it, since it's based on the drifter. They might update hair/facial hair/fur again.

• Like 1

Rax says hi. I just got him out of the incubator tonight, using the Vasca Kavat starter kit. While his other colorations were set to natrual, his Tertiary and Accents colors were set to Singularity Black, which is what resulted in him looking like he's been changing the incubator's oil while he was being incubated.

9431bb866261b43403eadac481bb8135.png

Screenshot_490.png

Screenshot_489.pngScreenshot_491.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I had a full colored Kavat, same color, full body, loved him. Took a break and come back to find it completely bugged and messed up. I DO NOT want to switch colors/skin to mitigate a bug that should have been addressed months ago, how does this bug exist for almost ONE FUL YEAR? like what the #*!% are you doing? You literally have a "dev" in charge of pets, how come these bugs are not addressed in weeks? I spent WEEKS going for the right combination for a Vasca and bought another one from people that literally do this as their full time playing the game, and this is how they value time invested. No wonder game is tanking, no vision, no idea wtf they are doing, just trying to bait people coming back with hollow updates while nerfing what made the game fun and having year old bugs that devs cannot fix, and just hope people will move on to a different, not yet, bugged pet, frame, operator mesh, you name it.

I'll probably follow what half the original devteam has done and gtfo too.

Edited by Rivers-fanclub-
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I prefered when my kubrow was looking all white and fluffy just like my irl Samoyed, but ofc some idiot thought it would be a good idea to "add more depth" to the fur... How about you don't fix what's not broken please. This is still present as of Dec 6, 2022. So disappointed in development team.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How is this still a problem. DE clearly doesn't care anymore, no wonder so many people have quit. 

My Vasca is an homage to my girl long passed, and now she looks like *this*. Shame on you guys, honestly

Edited by RougeVox
added details
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Syahra said:

they said they had a fix ready, dude that did it probably switched to soulframe and forget to tell anyone :D

Maybe they've decided to end the testing on Soulframe's improvements before implementing them on Warframe? I wonder how they're dealing with EE wide changes for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
59 minutes ago, Syahra said:

maybe with the pet rework... ;)

That'd be great. With the rework coming, I checked out all the companions I haven't used in forever and, wicked hell, do they look bad!

When I started playing Descendant, the very first thought I had, I kid you not, was "Warframe needs to hire these people to do hair and fur."

• Like 1