Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Caliban and Ragdolls

Temragon

I like most of Caliban's kit.

But, ragdolling enemies is a problem. It's thematic, it looks cool, but then it's a pain to figure out which enemies still need to be killed if I want to use anything but a big cheese aoe weapon

I would suggest that Lifted could work a little more like Bastille and drop enemies back down when it's done. For the DMC vibe, lifting really sort of needs to hold them in place artificially so they can continue to be hit. (It also needs to last at least a second after each enemy is hit)

Also, I would suggest that enemies from fusion strike could be lifted up a bit, pulled towards the center a bit, and then pushed down to the ground where they immediately start trying to get back up.

I get that from an aesthetic point of view, blasting enemies away makes the most sense. But obviously that didn't work. I get that it shouldn't be another perfect gathering skill, that's fine. But it still sometimes yeets enemies into oblivion (and that's really bad in bounties) and at the very least scatters them around into ragdolls that are frustrating to pick off one by one and annoy your teammates.

If it would roughly gather them into a central area, and not toss them around as much, it would be much more usable and less disruptive in groups.

This really isn't a new issue, we've changed things like the sonicor and zephyr's tornados before.

Sentient Wrath's Lifted could use some visual indicator that is obvious to the player, especially since the ragdoll can stop the body on walls and the floor where they lay motionless but look like dead bodies.

One cool-looking visual I'd like for it is in The New War, where you see enemies are held up by the red sentient energy from the ground. That stuff screams The Matrix and looks cool as Hek.

Archived