Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing as a lonely wolf

HighQualityFail

I always have preferred to play alone instead of in a group. The only moments where I made an exception is playing with my partners. My playtime in Warframe is listed with 1.681,4 hours.
In the past, I built the dojo almost completely by myself, 90% of the resources were farmed by me because my partners did not contribute and we wanted to stay the three of us. Just to clarify: I have no problem with extense resource farming, even tho it is really hard at some points when playing alone. But at least it was possible.

I just returned back to the game after a long break, so I decided to begin a fresh account and a dojo. My only mate is my new partner (with which I began again), but he is rarely playing. Means: I am going to build this dojo by myself too. As mentioned, I have no problem with the farming, but after the break I noticed something:
Please try to think about a lonely wolf, that hates to play with strangers (especially larger groups). That has no one to play with, but loves this game so much that it is willing to take extra difficulty to build a whole dojo. My playing hours is showing this, as well as my new start, leaving all progress behind to experience the story again (which is well made, as the game is too)

I even did the riddles on Lua by myself. Every single one. It was tough, but doable - not anymore. I tried 3 different, from which 1 was actually doable alone - the other ones now require you to play in a group up to 4 people. Also in survival missions it is pure luck if you will finish the mission successfully, as often the droprate of the life support is too less for the enemy density. 
It was always hard to play alone, it was an extra challenge that I was willing to take as the game was (and still is) so much fun to me - but that now missions exist that punish you for playing alone is just not fair, regardless of the game being meant to be played in groups. It is really frustrating hitting that wall and if this won't be changed I have to realize, that I won't come back to this way too good game, as I am not willing to change my playstyle. I won't force myself into a group and to force the player is the wrong way!

Regards - Louremy alias HighQualityFail

On 2021-12-26 at 7:51 PM, HighQualityFail said:

It is really frustrating hitting that wall and if this won't be changed I have to realize, that I won't come back to this way too good game, as I am not willing to change my playstyle. I won't force myself into a group and to force the player is the wrong way!

This sounds more like you just don't want to play. The problem is not with the game, it is with you. Nothing has changed in terms of spawn rates in the survival or the Lua puzzle rooms. I can still solo them all just fine (Coaction is the exception for some people). I wonder if you have forgotten the amount of work this is.

6 hours ago, HighQualityFail said:

I just returned back to the game after a long break, so I decided to begin a fresh account and a dojo. My only mate is my new partner (with which I began again), but he is rarely playing. Means: I am going to build this dojo by myself too. As mentioned, I have no problem with the farming, but after the break I noticed something:
Please try to think about a lonely wolf, that hates to play with strangers (especially larger groups). That has no one to play with, but loves this game so much that it is willing to take extra difficulty to build a whole dojo. My playing hours is showing this, as well as my new start, leaving all progress behind to experience the story again (which is well made, as the game is too)

I even did the riddles on Lua by myself. Every single one. It was tough, but doable - not anymore. I tried 3 different, from which 1 was actually doable alone - the other ones now require you to play in a group up to 4 people. Also in survival missions it is pure luck if you will finish the mission successfully, as often the droprate of the life support is too less for the enemy density. 
It was always hard to play alone, it was an extra challenge that I was willing to take as the game was (and still is) so much fun to me - but that now missions exist that punish you for playing alone is just not fair, regardless of the game being meant to be played in groups. It is really frustrating hitting that wall and if this won't be changed I have to realize, that I won't come back to this way too good game, as I am not willing to change my playstyle. I won't force myself into a group and to force the player is the wrong way!

Wait they are all still doable solo, with your operator and specters, they can be done. You have to gather a 1 or 2 different syndicate specters but theyre doable

As for survival idk. Theyve always sucked solo in my experience. Not only are the drop rates trash for solo play, but outside of steelpath the enemy spawns are absolutely terrible. 

anyways. sorry for your experience. Hope something changes in the future like letting our ai crew from rail jack be usable in normal missions.

I am a little lost here.

I comprehend the part where you're complaining about certain things not being doable - easily at least or sometimes simply impossible - and that you do not want to play with more players, but, other than that, is this just a rant about why won't you play Warframe anymore, or are you actually seeking advice here in the Feedback > Levels & Missions section?

The Lua chamber that resists to open in solo, you could try to use Wukong + a specter, but honestly that monkey clone is a bit hyperactive at times, but the rest of the Lua "riddles" don't require of more than 1 player to be done. Good luck I guess(?)

To clarify: My post was meant as constructive criticism. I have no idea how this could be seen as a rant, as I just expressed myself and my experience. Also did I not seek help here, as it was clear from the beginning on that I will get the same tricks I know already. How should I have done this before I took a break, if I would not have known the tricks?

I know its hard to believe in these times, but people that express themselves in a constructive way do exist! Even to games that they do like (sometimes especially with games they like). I really like Warframe and i will continue to play, but I am allowed to share my criticism!

So I will now contact the developers directly with my critique and avoid Boards like this in the future. For now the mods can close this thread, as it is going nowhere. Thanks to everyone that wanted to help me, even tho I got misunderstood.

On 2021-12-28 at 12:00 AM, HighQualityFail said:

Regarding the pressureplate riddle, I figured out that not all specters work (syndicate won't, as you see in the attached screenshot) and that the warframe is able to trigger one plate while the operator can trigger another. So all it needs are two different tenno specters at the end - at least I think it works out this way, as I had only one tenno specter with me to test if they can trigger them (again with screenshot attached)

Clem holds down the buttons as well (or at least did when I last did the Coaction Drift puzzle, which was some months ago).

As a largely solo player myself, I can't say I've ever noticed the drop rate of life support being particularly bad. I'm not going for massively long runs, but I've never had a problem getting past rotation C solo. There's usually one interval where things are a bit tight, but most of the time it's fine. I admittedly often run survivals with one of the loot pets for some added drops, but I've also done several lengthy runs without them.

Archived