The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Constant frame stuttering

yomeny1

I have a pretty strong laptop that can handle most games at a good framerate and graphics setting. But recently Warframe has been constantly stuttering and skipping frames during gameplay which makes it almost impossible to aim and play properly. I've updated my graphics card, bumped the settings in game to low, and even made sure it's using my proper graphics card in the settings for that, yet it still stutters. Anyone know a way to fix this?

I'm hands-down asking the same thing. I have very good internet connection, did most of the "how to fix WF stutter" guides (deleting NV Cache, resetting, optimizing, turning off various Windows Security items), but nothing helped.

I even reinstalled Warframe few times. Help?

12 hours ago, AnimaFox said:

Chill, guys... DE answered my ticket about stuttering after New War Patch. It's all about you lowering your graphical settings. Just this. Try it! It will works.

I have a better idea than DE... haw about reinstalling whole Windows? Now, can I go to the official support for giving brilliant idea?

But seriously now, I have a bad news for you. DE gave you an answer of type "we don't care, so catch this useless answer and go away, don't bother us"......

Unless your case was related to your PC being too weak.

Issue here (and not only in this thread) is not related to pc power. If that would be a true, you would get a fps drops, not a stuttering even when doing nothing (changing graphic does not help). 

So I kindly ask you to stop spamming in every thread about fps drop/spikes "you have too low pc, lower game settings".

BTW do you even read those posts, or just brainlessly spamming?

On 2021-12-27 at 9:28 PM, yomeny1 said:

[...]bumped the settings in game to low, and even made sure it's using my proper graphics card in the settings for that, yet it still stutters. Anyone know a way to fix this?

There is a big difference between your pc is being too weak and when there is some issue with stuttering (with is not related to your PC being a weak). Cause of the stuttering can be because of the game code, windows system, software running in background and so one. If this is only a single case, then we it's rather a problem from user side, but if there are several people reporting the same (like we have right now if you will search reddit or here on forum), then rather something is wrong with the game (especially if this does not happening in other games). This is easily visible by checking timeframe graphs. Graph would looks different in case of "your pc is being too weak"

There is definitely something wrong with the game.

On 2022-01-02 at 9:56 PM, Bread said:

I'm hands-down asking the same thing. I have very good internet connection, did most of the "how to fix WF stutter" guides (deleting NV Cache, resetting, optimizing, turning off various Windows Security items), but nothing helped.

I even reinstalled Warframe few times. Help?

Not a single thing worked.

Oh thank god I'm not the only one. I was hoping the recent update would fix it, prior new war update this game runs smoothly on my potato laptop. The stuttering for me happens in the open world, I've lowered my graphics and done most of the guides that I found on the internet. Fortuna is the worst for me since every time I finished a bounty and go back to the Orbiter my screen went black and freezes for a minute. Do you guys have any workarounds?

5 hours ago, DreamerDream said:

I have a better idea than DE... haw about reinstalling whole Windows? Now, can I go to the official support for giving brilliant idea?

But seriously now, I have a bad news for you. DE gave you an answer of type "we don't care, so catch this useless answer and go away, don't bother us"......

Unless your case was related to your PC being too weak.

Issue here (and not only in this thread) is not related to pc power. If that would be a true, you would get a fps drops, not a stuttering even when doing nothing (changing graphic does not help). 

So I kindly ask you to stop spamming in every thread about fps drop/spikes "you have too low pc, lower game settings".

BTW do you even read those posts, or just brainlessly spamming?

There is a big difference between your pc is being too weak and when there is some issue with stuttering (with is not related to your PC being a weak). Cause of the stuttering can be because of the game code, windows system, software running in background and so one. If this is only a single case, then we it's rather a problem from user side, but if there are several people reporting the same (like we have right now if you will search reddit or here on forum), then rather something is wrong with the game (especially if this does not happening in other games). This is easily visible by checking timeframe graphs. Graph would looks different in case of "your pc is being too weak"

There is definitely something wrong with the game.

Not a single thing worked.

I read all of them. I was not spamming, I was trying to help you, as DE does with me after I sent Logs and report all the problem. I know the difference between stuttering on a good PC, stuttering on a weak PC, fps drop on a weak PC and fps drop on a good PC. Isn't only me, with weak PC who are getting drops on specific situation which did not happen. In my case, was with transmissions, with my friends, are when fissures opens or loading a squad and RJ missions, and they have good pcs. The stuttering is with the game in idle... Standing on the same spot with nothing happening or just the game opened.

I not saying about my PC or their, I talking about New War patch needs optimizations. This transmission issue I got when that Nightwave of the Glass enemies comes to the game. Same thing, but, surprise! They fixed after sometime. I was getting the same drop when Nora's transmissions opens and then, suddenly dissapeared after some hotfixes. Same is happening with Lotus. This is about my decreased FPS, not the stuttering. The stuttering is constantly on the Orbital, which was once the place where I had no problems about perfomance until complete the New War quest. So, I do not changed my PC, any config or something, all what changes was the Game.

My shot was, maybe the game got something havier in this patch which definitely my Pc would not be able to run anymore, even if the game appears the same and for now, I have to reduce the resolution itself, maybe 800x600 which I refuse to do and so the other players should do it also, even if their PC "seems" to run the game. I was a shot to solving by now.

To be honest, I'm disappointed with DE's response, although I sent logs, which seemed to provide a more in-depth or reasoned response, or maybe even a "follow the hotfixes and see if any of them fixed the issue and come back here with us." Perhaps they could, based on the pile of complaints, consider this to be their "error" and not my PC's, but they came up with the most standard and weakest response possible as if I hadn't already tried something as simple as reductions. I still think DE is a developer ahead of the others and in keeping with that view of mine, I will never resort to posting to the forum or to the support again. That's it. I hope that soon you will be able to solve your problems there.

Sorry if made any english mistake, it's a long text.

literally fixed itself after reading this and alt tabbing back into the game lol. dont know if this is the fix or i got lucky. when i alt tabbed my monitor acted weird and went through a bunch of the different hdmi options by itself and when i got back to the game it was fixed. so maybe try cycling through your hdmi options?

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus, after the last Warframe Update update it's even worse.

Now stuttering is even more "perceptible" to the point where every 3 sec I have a short game freeze. Earlier it was bearable, but now?  This is definitely problem from game side. I have not updated/touch any settings from windows side ad yet after the last game update it's worse.

IOMYGRA.png

Please ignore this flat line below, Afterburner for some reason is not registering Frametime when the game is not focused.

opDjgnj.png

bMTgTU8.png

17 hours ago, DreamerDream said:

Jesus, after the last Warframe Update update it's even worse.

Now stuttering is even more "perceptible" to the point where every 3 sec I have a short game freeze. Earlier it was bearable, but now?  This is definitely problem from game side. I have not updated/touch any settings from windows side ad yet after the last game update it's worse.

IOMYGRA.png

Looks like the gpu is not getting anything to render. What are you running alongside warframe? Background tasks, driver tweaks, overlays etc. etc. What does afterburner give you as an output for why the gpu hits 0? temp/power/voltage/noload etc.

On 2021-12-28 at 9:28 AM, yomeny1 said:

I have a pretty strong laptop that can handle most games at a good framerate and graphics setting. But recently Warframe has been constantly stuttering and skipping frames during gameplay which makes it almost impossible to aim and play properly. I've updated my graphics card, bumped the settings in game to low, and even made sure it's using my proper graphics card in the settings for that, yet it still stutters. Anyone know a way to fix this?

If you happen to see this: Is this with dx11?

Archived