Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More Catframe. Me Is One Sad Tenno.

Anarties

She doesn't look like a freak anymore. I approve of the new design. Gotta remember, it's a suit. A person has to fit in there somehow.

You say that, but take a look at Nekros, for instance; http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/rOO5vS0BpoQ/maxresdefault.jpg

His body structure, particularly his limbs and hips, really don't lend credibility to the "it's a suit" argument. He'd basically have to be skeletal to fit in there.

Going off of that, I'd say it wouldn't be far fetched to have the Berserker sport digitigrade legs.

Think for a minute about what the introduction of digitigrade would have presented as a challenge.

You would have to create an entire new set of animations for her, because the legs wouldn't be working the same. New animations for walking and running in multiple directions, jumping, crouching, sliding, wall-running, leaping. All new melee weapon animations to account for the different stances, and variations on the Noble and Agile animation sets. It's not like making Berserker would have just been about art style and making a new model. It would have required a complete rework of animations from the ground up, including bug-testing etc, all for her. That would have taken a massive chunk out of the time they had.

Consider also that the Alad V cinematic for the PS4 launch seems to also hint at revealing the existence of Berserker, meaning that they probably want to get her done within a week or so for the PS4 launch. If the digitigrade legs were ever a planned feature, then they were probably cut for time so that they could make a deadline.

She doesn't look like a freak anymore. I approve of the new design. Gotta remember, it's a suit. A person has to fit in there somehow.

A freak? Someone needs to think outside the box.

Also, it's been noted that warframes morph the Tenno inside them in order to fit. Dark Sector proves this. And how do you think Nekros' Tenno can fit inside such an incredibly gaunt, skeletal warframe?

No, I have to totally disagree with this change, and I believe Mynki wasn't happy about it either - though this is just a big fat assumption.

Still, gotta remember that this is a WIP - frankly I'm guessing they changed her legs due to animation problems. The current legs -may- just be placeholders while they add new animations. Or due to time constraints/memory issues/streamlining, they'll just keep these. We'll find out whenever she's released.

actually she's an escapee from a corpus lab

that's muscle tissue

The muscle tissue of the frame, yeah. Not the Tenno inside it I would think. But yeah, our lovely Berserker's warframe's skin was peeled off.

I'm going to happily peel Alad V's skin off when I get my 'zerker frame

Edit: I wonder what her Prime version would look like? It'd have to be a whole other design - or at least a whole other texture..

Edited by SoulEchelon

Is it me, or her physique looks somewhat similar to Mag's, only a bit bulkier?

Now my head canon is that the captured Mag in the Livestream becomes the Berserker. And her swirly-arms design looks somewhat similar to Mag's.

That's an interesting thought. I'm not sure if that's possible in the Warframe/Dark Sector universe, but still, would be a pretty cool twist.

It stinks that DE ruined the one unique thing that this frame had going for it.

Mynki spoke of giving all frames their own "quirks". 

Now he removed the only quirk this frame had going for it.

It now looks like Nova with another suit on.

This makes me far more comfortable in my decision to make the Ash into my third frame slot. I am very disappointed by this choice.

From the desk of Mynki, we have Work-in-Progress (WIP) Beserker Screenshots to share.

Please note that this is a rough look at the model in-game as work continues. Not included in these images are the wires details that will be trailing from her arms.

If you want to show a gift in the design council, show all of the message! :)

Rebecca said also that all the details are not in the screenshots. So before panic or said she has no more animals legs. Just be patient, and wait for a real screenshot, with the finished warframe. ^^

Ok, maybe they have removed these legs, but.. Maybe not? We do not really now, because we not have see yet the final warframe, you know they have maybe give her these legs for work on the animations of the frame,the skins details like the mechanic legs are just an esthetic detail!

Edited by Deydreus

Claws and restraining wires will be available for 75 platinum in the marketplace! Complete your Berserker experience today! :3

Or not.

I didn't think about that. Considering what happened with Nekros, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened again.

Rebecca said also that all the details are not in the screenshots. So before panic or said she has no more animals legs. Just be patient, and wait for a real screenshot, with the finished warframe.

Well that's interesting to hear. Can't wait to see what Mynki does with the final product.

Edited by Haldos

If you want to show a gift in the design council, show all of the message! :)

Rebecca said also that all the details are not in the screenshots. So before panic or said she has no more animals legs. Just be patient, and wait for a real screenshot, with the finished warframe. ^^

Ok, maybe they have removed these legs, but.. Maybe not? We do not really now, because we not have see yet the final warframe, you know they have maybe give her these legs for work on the animations of the frame,the skins details like the mechanic legs are just an esthetic detail!

I'm not even a Grand Master smarty pants.

I have no way of even giving that message to people.

It does however, give me hope that she will have her claws and such back.

Reverse joint legs DE plz.

Edited by Anarties

Hm. Very boring looking. I like what little I see of the helmet, but the rest is quite plain. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't berserkers vikings who drank a lot so they would be numb to pain and waded into battle? What I mean is this--shouldn't this be a male frame? Mind you, they're only taking elements from history, like with Vauban, and using them as inspiration, but personally when I think of a berserker I think of a massive guy with a big shield and a battle axe. Probably a huge beard. Probably screaming, lol.

Hm. Very boring looking. I like what little I see of the helmet, but the rest is quite plain. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't berserkers vikings who drank a lot so they would be numb to pain and waded into battle? What I mean is this--shouldn't this be a male frame? Mind you, they're only taking elements from history, like with Vauban, and using them as inspiration, but personally when I think of a berserker I think of a massive guy with a big shield and a battle axe. Probably a huge beard. Probably screaming, lol.

There is a common ploy in fiction called "playing against expectations." Take for example Neil Gaiman's Sandman, in which Death was portrayed as a teenage girl. Or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where a badass paranormal asskicker came in the form of cheerleader. The list goes on.

Point is, this is nothing new. It's an idea that's been around for years and years.

There is a common ploy in fiction called "playing against expectations." Take for example Neil Gaiman's Sandman, in which Death was portrayed as a teenage girl. Or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where a badass paranormal asskicker came in the form of cheerleader. The list goes on.

Point is, this is nothing new. It's an idea that's been around for years and years.

Mynki said all frames would have quirks to make them different.

This frame now has none.

Mynki is going against his own expectations.

This frame now has none.

I refer you to the following:

I refer you to the following:

How are you going to speak about it as if the frame was finished, then when I comment to the current mentality you possessed about the frame, you refer to this and now speak of it as if it were not finished?

That doesn't make any sense yo.

How are you going to speak about it as if the frame was finished, then when I comment to the current mentality you possessed about the frame, you refer to this and now speak of it as if it were not finished?

That doesn't make any sense yo.

That's because the first post I made in the thread on page 2 was without the knowledge that we were looking at a frame with details missing (e.g., the quote regarding info from DE Rebecca). This is why I was able to change my viewpoint and stance between the times of my first and second post (1:10 and 1:54 p.m., respectively).

Now, I am confused about why you are replying in this way to the post where I explained why it works for the frame to be a woman instead of the classical idea of a berserker (big, loud, male and hairy), which had little or nothing to do with the actual "quirks" of the warframe (the claws, wires, and reverse-hinged legs). In which case I really don't see how that applies to the conversation with you, which seems to be about the reverse-hinged legs.

That's because the first post I made in the thread on page 2 was without the knowledge that we were looking at a frame with details missing (e.g., the quote regarding info from DE Rebecca). This is why I was able to change my viewpoint and stance between the times of my first and second post (1:10 and 1:54 p.m., respectively).

Now, I am confused about why you are replying in this way to the post where I explained why it works for the frame to be a woman instead of the classical idea of a berserker (big, loud, male and hairy), which had little or nothing to do with the actual "quirks" of the warframe (the claws, wires, and reverse-hinged legs). In which case I really don't see how that applies to the conversation with you, which seems to be about the reverse-hinged legs.

I don't even...what are you saying?

That second part was worded so poorly I cannot comprehend it.

I don't even...what are you saying?

That second part was worded so poorly I cannot comprehend it.

1:51, Post #47.

You replied to this:

With the following:

This frame now has none.

See how my post says nothing about the frame's quirks? But yours does?

I do not understand how you segued from my post to your points about Mynki and the frame.