Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Idea

Kitsushadow

Earlier I was looking at an invasion selection showing a whole bunch of worlds vs the infested, and thought that of *course* you'd never side with the infested.

Then I had a "Like, ever?" moment. Then it hit me.

You have a situation where the base is producing something very dangerous, but got itself infested. The infestation will destroy the offending object if they're there long enough. Problem is, the Corpus/Grineer are trying to destroy the swarm and preserve their illicit technology. You need to buy the Infestation time to do its job, so that means you have to do invasion runs in support of the infested.

To avoid being recognized during this op, the character builds a custom Warframe. A quadraped, designed to look like an infested. But there's a catch. The others will twig pretty quickly that you're not part of their hive mind. So you also have to hunt down infected nodes in the zone, and destroy them. They regenerate after a few minutes. Their job is to raise the hive mind signal strength in the hive. The mission starts at 25%. If the hive reaches 75% or higher, they realize you're not one of them. Destroying a node stops the process and reduces it somewhat. So you destroy the nodes, and the invading Corpus/Grineer, with successive waves causing the nodes to regenerate faster and generate spores more swiftly. It gets to the point where a team needs some real coordination to destroy nodes and kill invaders so as to keep the swarm from realizing you're not supposed to be there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-01-14 at 8:43 PM, Kitsushadow said:

Earlier I was looking at an invasion selection showing a whole bunch of worlds vs the infested, and thought that of *course* you'd never side with the infested.

Then I had a "Like, ever?" moment. Then it hit me.

You have a situation where the base is producing something very dangerous, but got itself infested. The infestation will destroy the offending object if they're there long enough. Problem is, the Corpus/Grineer are trying to destroy the swarm and preserve their illicit technology. You need to buy the Infestation time to do its job, so that means you have to do invasion runs in support of the infested.

To avoid being recognized during this op, the character builds a custom Warframe. A quadraped, designed to look like an infested. But there's a catch. The others will twig pretty quickly that you're not part of their hive mind. So you also have to hunt down infected nodes in the zone, and destroy them. They regenerate after a few minutes. Their job is to raise the hive mind signal strength in the hive. The mission starts at 25%. If the hive reaches 75% or higher, they realize you're not one of them. Destroying a node stops the process and reduces it somewhat. So you destroy the nodes, and the invading Corpus/Grineer, with successive waves causing the nodes to regenerate faster and generate spores more swiftly. It gets to the point where a team needs some real coordination to destroy nodes and kill invaders so as to keep the swarm from realizing you're not supposed to be there.

I like the gist of the idea, but I'd propose that an item, let's call it "Rholoxene Pheromones" is required to start the mission, rather than a custom, quadrupedal Warframe.

This way, the Warframes can remain the same, reducing work required to integrate the mode, and allowing people to continue to use their favorite demigod of death.

As a lover of the infested, I'm all in for siding with the infested but this idea needs some work imo, a bit restrictive. Maybe a sort of infested cloak to mask the player's warframe and having a quadruped warframe that doesn't need a cloak be unlocked through the mission type would be better

Warframes are made through a pretty... immoral process... 

Archived