Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Gremlins Or Dual Vastos?

webkilla

Right now I am at a crossroad

I have both a pair of sweet Twin Gremlins who love eat Grineer and Ancients for lunch, and some Dual Vastos who do mid-range headshots and crit-spam like no others

Both do tons of damage, but I'm not sure which to go all the way with and forma up for maximum sidearm facerolling

- Gremlins are built around loads of multishooting, and tons of elemental damage

- vastous also on loads of multidakka, some elemental dmg, and lots of crits

...so I'm kinda looking for thoughts on what you lot think.

Full-auto fire from gremlins is undeniably handy, and the inate armor ignore is just so good - but Vastos hit for a lot more with each shot, especially with the frequent crits and increased crit dmg

mathhammering it doesn't help that much either. At their base a full gremlin clip does 900dmg, while a vasto does 600, but that's before factoring in the increased crit dmg

So I'm just not sure

Well, depends on how you intend to play. Both guns are equally viable for doing normal missions on any planet. However if you start regualrly facing enemies 90+ level I'd reckon the armor ignoring gremlins will fare better. The vastos will start loosing more and more damage as enemy levels go up, while the gremlins have no such problems. It's up to you really, but with the current armor system in the game AI weapons always outdamage non armor ignore ones.

Armor 2.0? I hate to use it like that but, it does apply here. Physical impact damage and bullet damage will each find their place and the armor ignore may not be so good anymore (for what you're doing). Otherwise, it's really which you enjoy most, both viable.

Well, when Dual Vastos was released, my Vasto was already with a catalyst and one extra polarity, so I didnt make Dual Vastos. If the catalyst and Forma would be returned when making the Dual version, I would certainly made it, but seeing from the perspective of a single Vasto use I can say both are well balanced. Twin Gremlins have the advantage of being automatic, but have less accuracy at long range, since it is a bolt weapon (like the Akbolto). Use the Vasto when you need more accuracy at medium-long ranges, and use the Lex for sniping at long ranges. If you need a automatic for medium-long ranges use the Afuris.

Honestly, everyone, Kunai are probably the best secondary weapon. Just deal with it. But out of the two weapons, twin gremlins definitely. 

It's not.

Hikou, Despair, Acrid, Brakk, Akbolto and probably Embolist have higher dps when modded right.

Hmmm - so Gremlins are better for high end stuff - then that settles that

But what's this Armor 2.0 thing? When will that come out?

We all hope soon, but maybe not. 

Armor or Damage 2.0 is this violent reworking of how the damage system is going to go. All weapons are going from having one damage type to three. The same three. Impact/Puncture/Slash. Take the Scindo, it's an axe, it will likely have a balance of Impact and Slash damage. And then the gram, will likely focus more on slash being a sword. Each damage type offers different advantages over certain body/armour types. This way, no one weapon is screwed over by not being armour ignoring, because they will all likely at least deal 2 damage types of varying degrees.  Special weapons like the ignis/Acrid/synapse will likely deal their same fire/poison/electric damage still. There's a lot more to it but that about covers it for you, Twin gremlins are better now, but the Dual Vasto will likely be better later.

I used to prefer the Twin G's before their crit chance got nerfed. 

After their crit got nerfed I decided to go back to the dual vastos.

My dual vastos out dps my gremlins when modded for no reload/ crit build.

ddciRCj.jpg

A lot of people only calculate the DPS of a clip and not the total dps of the weapon which includes the reload speed. These have a 0.9 second reload, basically non-existent, so I can spam (33% crit chance bullets) down the range for as many crits as often and frequent as possible. I have no problem downing a lvl 100 heavy grineer in 3 clips with these since each of my bullets crit for around 500 damage per bullet. 

Edited by ADDpillz