Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voidstorm Missions

MeanderingBeing

I've been thinking about why I tend to avoid the Void Storm mission types. I think it fundamentally comes down to the void blasts themselves (I think they're called Void Sinks, by Cy, but I'm not sure if he's referring to the environmental hazard). While I like the idea of the environmental hazards of fighting IN a void storm, their implementation really kills it for me.

Speaking for myself, the issues I have with them is that they're almost always spawning on top of me. I've seen more than a few spawn on my frame's forehead in the span of a minute, instantly exploding. This means my shields are always being depleted, making shield frames like Hildryn and Mag far less viable. This also kills any of my sentinels and depletes their Primed Regen in no time. As a result I often let myself die and ask my teammates not revive me so I can get my sentinel back. I think this ends up pigeonholing me into playing a frame like Nidus or Inaros, or a Decaying Key Cheese build, with Djinn or Vulfaphyla. The constant assault of sound at a pitch that makes my chronic tinnitus way way worse makes me turn off the sound for the game entirely while playing the mission or risk over-stimulation and regretting my life decisions for the rest of the day as my ears ring even louder than before. As a result, I think it feels like the game is punishing me for playing the mission type.

I think this can be fairly easy to fix, though, and I'd like to offer these suggestions:

• Create a minimum distance from the player that the void sinks spawn.
  • Create a minimum distance from each other that void sinks spawn.
  • Make void sinks take less damage to be deactivated , make them susceptible to AOE and a single ability from each frame.
  • Increase the radius from the player which void sinks can spawn.
  • Decrease the frequency with which void sinks can spawn.
  • Drastically increase the damage void sinks do to player and enemies alike to balance out the decreased spawn rate and that they can  no longer spawn on the player's location.
  • Slightly lower the pitch and volume of their spawning sound to be less grating and tinnitus triggering

I think this would still make the Voidstorm missions dangerous to even players equipped to deal with void sinks specifically, while making it an all around more pleasant experience and less like the player is being punished for choosing the mission type.

4 hours ago, MeanderingBeing said:

Speaking for myself, the issues I have with them is that they're almost always spawning on top of me

That's because they are....

Just like Enemy Spawns those things only Harras one player at a time....

, making shield frames like Hildryn and Mag far less viable.

You're Right about Mag.... But in Hildryn's Case she Actually Can Take a Beating... Which means You're Pet can also Take a Beating Too and you don't have to Revive it eventually like you would with a Health Based Warframe....

This also kills any of my sentinels and depletes their Primed Regen in no time.

Sentinals get Killed By Everything....

Useless Tin Cans is what they are....

As a result, I think it feels like the game is punishing me for playing the mission type.

It is....

I genuinely don't understand what the purpose if those Explosions are.... My Guess is It's Just Like Enemy Scaling.... It's not designed to be fun....

I think this can be fairly easy to fix, though, and I'd like to offer these suggestions:

• Create a minimum distance from the player that the void sinks spawn.
  • Create a minimum distance from each other that void sinks spawn.
  • Make void sinks take less damage to be deactivated , make them susceptible to AOE and a single ability from each frame.
  • Increase the radius from the player which void sinks can spawn.
  • Decrease the frequency with which void sinks can spawn.
  • Drastically increase the damage void sinks do to player and enemies alike to balance out the decreased spawn rate and that they can  no longer spawn on the player's location.
  • Slightly lower the pitch and volume of their spawning sound to be less grating and tinnitus triggering

I think this would still make the Voidstorm missions dangerous to even players equipped to deal with void sinks specifically, while making it an all around more pleasant experience and less like the player is being punished for choosing the mission type.

I won't settle for anything less than 100% Removal.... 😐

They're Not Fun... Therefore they have no Reason to be there at all....

playing endless corpus void storms is like stepping on a turd, acknowledging it and proceeding with it anyway (also notice how there's all there is? how there's no grineer endless RJ missions since they usually are the most efficient? it's quite literally just skirmish throughout all the available grineer nodes lol)

its filled with all these little nuissances that infuriate more than they offer a challenge, constant staggers, knockdowns, cold heat and electric procs and then there's this emperor palpatine shield osprey that you'd suspect wouldn't be the one attacking but usually it dishes out more damage than any other unit and can end you in less than a second if you ignore it all the while you have to deal with void landmines as i like to call them everywhere you go and specifically where you go lol

Archived